or Connect

Posts by Chicagobred

Allen Edmonds Park Ave Black Calfskin, size 9E Preowned AE Park Aves, size 9E (auction ends Saturday, June 21st)
Allen Edmonds Suede Grayson Tassel Loafer, dark brown size 9D Brand New, factory fresh AE tassel loafer (auction ends Saturday June 21st)
Alden Snuff Suede Unlined PTB Blucher Size 8.5 Preowned Alden Snuff suede plain toe blucher (Auction ends Saturday, June 21st)
Alden Shell Cordovan Longwing, Color 8 Burgundy, Barrie Last Size 8.5 US Auction Ends Tomorrow Monday 6/8 at 7:00 PM EST Crockett and Jones Audley, Dark Brown Calf, 337 Last Size 8.0 UK Auction Ends Monday 6/9 at 8 PM EST
My new MTO Brown Shell Cordovan Geary Wingtips with my Burgundy Shell Patriots. The wingtips are great. They actually look better on the foot than they do in these pictures. Right now, both colors are pretty dark, but I imagine the brown cordovan will warm up after I put it through some wear. I know rare shell is hard to come by these days, but if AE were to acquire some in the future, it would probably be walnut cordovan, right? I'd love to MTO a pair of...
*****Price Drop**** $500. Shoe bags included too. *****Price Drop***** Reduced to $550 from $650. Also, original shoe bags included! Up for offer is a preowned pair of Crockett and Jones Audley shoes in 8 E. These shoes are in dark brown calf, on the 337 last. I purchased these shoes last March, but as luck would have it, I changed jobs and barely wear them anymore. Asking $650 all in. They are in good condition, I wore them with a rotation of other shoes, so...
Thanks for the info everyone! Please update us when you receive your navy tassel, that sounds like a great makeup. I'll probably hold out on a purchase until I hear from you. I think a MTO would still be cheaper than a stock Alden, and the wait wouldn't be too bad--the weather hasn't really been cooperative so far this year, it's not like I'll be wearing them anytime soon.
Does anyone own the Grayson tassel loafer? I would be interested in hearing your impressions of it, even more so if you are able to compare the sizing and fit to the patriot loafer. I Are there any vendors that currently sell it in dark brown suede? I'm interested in my first tassel and I am looking for a dark brown suede specifically. Would love to buy it immediately if somebody had it in stock, but I'll go MTO on it if necessary. Thank you for your help!
Is anyone here planning to purchase one of the alligator or ostrich webgems currently advertised? I'm curious to see what a brown alligator allen edmonds shoe would look like in real life. Or any pair of ostrich shoes for that matter. I couldn't imagine allen edmonds filling many orders for exotic shoes year to year.
Fantastic information, thank you. I'm curious, which of your exotics do you find get the most wear? I work in a conservative law firm, and though park ave's are certainly appropriate, I doubt I could get away with gator park aves. Of all your shoes, I think the brown/chili shark saddles are the most stunning--although I don't have the style chops to figure out how to wear them. With a loafer, I feel like I could always wear it for a cocktail party, evening out, or...