or Connect

Posts by jc1234

Thanks for all of your comments. My question wasnt aimed at a demand for perfection, but for new customers like myself, its about understanding what is to be expected. For instance, I am into custom made leather jackets. I have spent more on jackets than my first few cars. For these products, I know exactly what to expect and what is considered acceptable vs unacceptable when it comes to both animal hides and hand craftsmanship. People new to this level of attention...
Thanks guys. Makes sense on the notch for centering. The boot on the left is a much bigger notch and looks uneven close up, which is what was annoying me. I didnt notice this with the laces on, so most likely its very difficult to see when worn. I'll take a closer look with them laced up on my foot. They are super comfortable and the coloring is perfect, so I'd definitely hate to exchange them out.
I ordered a pair of Dalton's during the recent AE sale and I love them, but last night when I took the laces out to polish them up a bit, I noticed some leather cutting that seemed sloppy. I'm wondering if the cutting in the photo below on the left boot (outlined in red) would be considered a defect, or just variations from a handmade item? Seeing as they cut these from patterns, I would not expect such a messy cut to be used in a shoe, but maybe my expectations are to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lawfor I continually find it fascinating to see the number of reviews and comments from posters who joined just to discuss Saddleback bags. I wasn't going to bring it up, but since you seem honestly curious, I'll bite. I don't mean to offend anyone (although I probably will). I cant speak for anyone else who posts about saddleback, but when I was originally searching for info on saddleback from real people and not...
I wanted to post a follow-up to my original review after having the briefcase for the better part of a year. I still don't drink the saddleback koolaid and I don't think that they are the divine gift from the heavens that some fanboys make them out to be, but they definitely have grown on me and here is why: 1. their customer service and sales are always top notch, not some of the time, but ALL of the time. 2. I still have yet to find anyone who has thicker leather...
Quote: Originally Posted by BeaconHillBoston Thanks! You're right...the issue is in my head. To much Flusser and style forum reading, haha. at 10" its a difference, but not a difficult one. The key is finding a company or two that cuts well for your body type and just having a good tailor taking in a few inches. The jacket wont look weird that way. What will start to look odd, is if you try to force a jacket to fit your body that doesnt...
Quote: Originally Posted by BeaconHillBoston American sizing? I'm about a 42 currently. Yes american sizing. At 42, just buy a slim fit suit and be done with it. Unless you have a 28" waist I would think with some minor tailoring youll be fine.
You have two options: go custom tailor or start of with an athletic cut if you are very close to being a standard size. When I used to be larger in the chest and arms I needed a 50 jacket and they would do what they could, but unless they recut or went custom, it just looked wrong. Now that I can fit into a 46, I just have them take in 4 or 5 inches around the waist and it looks perfect. If you are on a budget and you cant go custom, your best bet is to get enough...
Quote: Originally Posted by DLester I suspect that those sweaters are very fine, but keep in mind that some people are willing to pay more for a particular design. "quality" isn't the only important criteria. There is always someone who can custom make the same type of thing better for less. Its really not about quality, cut, finish, materials, its about that little label they add when they are all done. That is what raises the price...
Quote: Originally Posted by stipes Ah, missed that. You say its significantly thicker than the 28lb... What kind of pen do you typically use? Seems like you'd be the type to use a wide-nib fountain with paper that thick. I use a pen that takes ball point parker style refills, but I use Visconti 1.0mm gel cartridges. The paper being so thick makes a huge difference for me as a lefty. I get that nice smooth feel, but the ink soaks in before it...