or Connect

Posts by BigPoppa

Was on fence about whether to order 1000 Mile or pay the extra cost and get a pair of White's. Pretty sure people's QC issues have convinced me to stick with White's unless I can find 1000 Mile 2nds online super super cheap. Anyone care to share the names of any ebay sellers selling 2nds?
Got the black chromexel I'd ordered through amazon. They both have a pronounced crease diagonally across the tongue as they were folded over the wrong way. Probably not visible with the laces in, bugs me nonetheless.
Got the black chromexel I'd ordered through amazon. They both have a pronounced crease diagonally across the tongue as they were folded over the wrong way. Probably not visible with the laces in, bugs me nonetheless.
Are you sure this is cordovan leather, and not just regular leather in the color cordovan #8?
I have to take into account the price different + wait time for custom ordering rather than getting the ones at Amazon 25% off. These would be worn with jeans and chinos, button downs, and sometimes a sportcoat. My style is described perfectly by the words "semi-dress." Will be used for travel, but mostly the "wandering around a foreign city on foot all day" travel and not the "bushwhacking through ancient ruins" travel.
Anyone have the black chromexel semi dress? I'm wondering how they look after some use. Have seen some criticism of that leather wrt creasing and dye rubbing off.
What sort of socks do you wear with your semi dress? Guess I need to decide now before I buy because it affects the fit so much.
How "dressy" does the black chromexel look? Does it look like I'm wearing dress shoes with my jeans? Photos I've seen of brown chromexel maybe look a little too casual for dark jeans and a sport coat.
Tried on the demo 9D they have at Imogene and Willies. With medium weight merino (non boot) socks they were a bit too long but width was about right. Clerks had no which leather it was. Anyone know?
Does the Traveler have the little "skirt" below the laces that I've seen on some White's?