or Connect

Posts by zerostyle

Hi all, TL;DR: Senior level product management generalist can't decide if he should go a more technical route, an MBA/more business-y route, or take a shot at starting his own thing (but feels he has no advanced skills and no ideas). I don't have a formal CS degree, but rather an engineering degree. I somehow ended up in several internet marketing and product management roles over the last 7-8 years, eventually working my way up to Director level for a large media...
Horizontally, yes, but long-ways, the tip of my big toe is sort of brushing up against the end of the shoe.
Odd request, but does anyone have an old pair of AE's in 8.5E on the 5 last they could donate to me? I don't care if the uppers are destroyed. Basically I'm somewhat between sizes - a 9D and 8.5E. The 9D feels a little long on me, but the 8.5E is a little tight at the front of my big toe, and might be too short. In the store it's not too awful, but I'm concerned that an 8.5E might kill my foot over extended periods of time. I was hoping to find a cheap/free pair of...
I'm looking for exactly the same - but where the hell can you find tropical weight wools off the rack?I've scoured the web for them but can't find any place that carries it. Everyone simply goes with linen, or a wool/linen, cotton/linen blend.
Any suggestions on a good place to find a slim, fairly inexpensive tropical weight wool suit? I'm in the same position as OP and didn't really want to spend too much on a linen/seersucker suit that is less versatile.
Haven't checked in with you in a while! Are the new trousers a little looser in the seat? The original Lucente trousers I have fit me but are a bit snug (and I'm super thin). I'm in desperate need of a pair of medium grey wool dress pants, and am considering going with these guys: http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-16735/Benjamin-Trousers-cln--32/Detail Also considering Howard Yount, but he's sold out of practically everything. If there are any discount codes...
That was the closest I saw as well - but why the D-ring? Since I'd wear a belt, wouldn't that just get in the way?
Which pair of HY pants would you guys go with to meet this criteria? 1. Medium gray (not charcoal) color, and fairly simple with no strong pattern. I want to be able to wear them fairly often without it being obvious. 2. 4-season weight. I live in DC and the summers are brutally hot. Would prefer to err slightly on the lighter side since I don't mind if my legs are a little cold in the winter. Obviously not flannel. Just not sure if I should be going with the...
Hi all, I've been looking for some nice but not too expensive dress pants. Let's call it a budget of $125, but would really like to keep it under $80-100 if possible. 1. How important do you think it is to go with wool over cotton? 2. For wearing them year-round, what do you think is a good fabric weight (they seem to range from 250g to 350g or so). I'm in DC which has very hot summers, and would prefer to err on the side of a sliightly lighter weight and be colder...
What are everyone's favorite go-to slim dress pants or chinos right now? Basically I'd wear them to work with a button-down shirt, and occasionally a blazer. I'd ideally like to spend < $60, but up to $100 could be ok. Should be: 1. slim fitting, but not super skinny. 2. prefer wool if possible, but may consider cotton 3. should be crisp (not soft/wrinkly), and appropriate for work I've looked at banana republic, jcrew, uniqlo, lands end, etc, but none stand out to...