or Connect

Posts by gdc_2008

Quote: Originally Posted by Saucemaster I bet you're the type of person who turns the car off when you get home even if the song is right in the middle of the chorus, aren't you? Hells no man, I drive around until the song is over and the next one starts...which usually means sitting in the driveway listening to THAT one. I'm also not the kind of person that has to stop what I'm doing to appreciate beauty (or lack there of...or whatever). I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Saucemaster Actually, I'll +1 this. That's the take home message of the article for me. Certainly not everyone likes classical music, but there have to have been more than the very few people who actually stopped who, if they'd been paying attention, would have realized at *least* that they were hearing a very, very good musician. But they weren't paying attention, they were singlemindedly focused on getting to work. I...
Haven't seen a pair of 5EPs...but last time I was in the city I stopped by AB Fits and tried on a pair of RB11s and RB6s (don't remember what denim though)...both in 30 x 32. The RB11s seemed to fit ok, a little tight in the thigh actually, at least from what I'm use to wearing. The RB6s were almost impossible to get on. I don't even think I could button them...so maybe I had a funky pair or something. I like the idea of both of those brands, but haven't made that leap...
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek Ya but just like with clothes, some people have bad taste. If we're talking about music, there's beauty, there's noise, and there's the crap in between. I've loved Nine Inch Nails since I was a teen, but I'm not gonna rate Trent Reznor on the same scale as Tchaikovsky. NiN is great music that servers a particular purpose for me, but I wouldn't call it beautiful in the same sense as I refer to Rach 3 or the Intermezzo...
Quote: Originally Posted by caelte The article is about beauty. No. Beauty is beauty . It's not relative. There may be some skill in sensing it, but it's not in the eye of the beholder. The best part of the article is about the kids wanting to listen. You're being facetious right? Beauty is absolutely in the ear of the behearer.
Can we all agree that beauty is a subjective thing? If so...don't get in a tiff if I keep walking. What else is subjective? Calling something a masterpiece? I'd say so. The author is implying, or rather, flat out saying that because people didn't stop to listen or even drop some money into his case in appreciation, that we as a society have someone been diminshed by our day to day rush. How well...stupid. I'm guessing the author has no idea how the people passing by could...
Quote: Originally Posted by suitcasejefferson Don't much like the 'Hugh', the toe is too square and not terribly comfortable... Didn't mind the toe, but noticed the comfort factor. I thought it was a sock related problem....
I kinda don't know what the hell I'm talking about...but...I tried on a pair of Adam Derrick To Boot's that looked somewhat similar in shape, but in brown, at Nordstroms last week. I think it was the "Hugh" model...didn't think they were worth the $395, but they looked kind of nice.
Messin with my Party Shuffle: Paper Cup Exit\t5:57\tSonic Youth\tSonic Nurse\t Standing In The Shower... Thinking\t3:05\tJane's Addiction\tNothing's Shocking\t 06_Prince_Of_Peace\t9:26\tGalliano\tLive At The Liquid Room (Tokyo)\t\t Blow Wind Blow\t3:14\tDr. John\tDr. John's Gumbo\t\t Honest Skrew\t2:58\tPatrick Park\tLoneliness Knows My Name\t\t Glass Sandwich\t4:05\tPrimus\tTales From the Punchbowl\t\t Offerings\t2:12\tHafez Modirzadeh\tBy Any Mode...
I'm somewhat shocked...never thought I'd find such like minded folks on a style forum. Nifty!