or Connect

Posts by gdc_2008

Turner looks like William Shatner with a wig on...which actually does add to the comedic value.
"Don't condescend me with your tiny pear!" that one had me rolling for some reason.
Quote: Originally Posted by MrG Is it the red one who is doing time for murder? I never watched the show, so I don't know who's who, but I know one of them is locked up. I think they're referring to the fact that Jesus was tortured and didn't give in. Tapping out is something you do when you're being beaten, not when you're doing the beating. That shirt would seem to imply otherwise, though it does appear to be the Devil he's beating on, so perhaps...
It would make more sense than a supposed man of "peace" beating the shit out of people lol but I bet he did tap that ass...
Come on now! Who the hell sags a thong!?!
Petra Haden "The Who Sells Out" which I really like...
Nope, read that there are 2 more or something like that. Defintely felt like the *tried* to make it a good finale....saw the Shane thing coming, though I miss crazy cougar hunting Shane with the bb gun, that was hardcore....
I would second the Paul Motian. The issue I have with the Mingus Big Band is that its not moving anything forward, its just celebrating the music in a stagnent fashion. That's what I mean by traditional, they are establishing it as a traditional group when the original music was nothing of the sort.
The Mingus Big Band is a commercialized "traditional" approach to something that was created to be organic...that's why I thought it was funny that you were speaking so highly of them and referencing your signature....ok, so when you go to the white board of comedy to sketch it out, its not that funny, but I at least amused myself. Mingus is great, but after a while its like...well...saying the Beatles are great. Not to be rude, but its, no schitt. It be better if you...
Quote: Originally Posted by blackplatano I see you are in NYC. If you haven't already, make sure to check out the Mingus big band or one of the other equality great Mingus ensembles. They used to play at Iridium, but now they are playing Mondays at the Jazz Standard. Great repertoire (all-mingus), great energy. Probably the best ensemble in the city. and Quote: Imitation is suicide. I came up listening to Mingus...