or Connect

Posts by sailorjerry1965

Quote: Originally Posted by Metlin Didn't the OP say he wanted his first good dress shirt? If he's looking to buy a good shirt and doesn't have much money, there's nothing wrong with CK, Beene, or Kors to start off with. I'd love to buy the Italian shirts that cost $2,500 for five, but I don't have that kind of coin until I get that big promotion. There's a difference between looking good and spending a fuck-ton of money to look good. ...
Didn't I see you in The Ring?
Go to Macy's when they have a sale. That way, you'll get to try everything on, check the quality, and not have to wait for shipping. In February, I walked out with six dress shirts that were all name brand (CK, Geoffrey Beene) and three times for $108 after applying for a store credit card. Also join Costco because they will, depending on what's available and what they get a good buy on, carry name brand shirts like CK and Michael Kors. I build a wardrobe this way...
Ralph Lauren's latest turtlenecks, in gray and olive green, are beautiful and heavy weight.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sazerac One of those movies where we can bitch about the particulars of style all we want, but the fit was impeccable. The scene where Sam took a meeting with the state government official and had to go to the closet to put his pants on...only someone from SF would understand that. Agreed. The movie captured the style of a bygone and best forgotten era, but someone obviously did their homework in creating the...
The Theory stuff I've looked at I wasn't very impressed by. It appeals to the early 20s set and that's just not me so much. The quality is also fair. The colors and fabrics aren't that great either.
First, what 25 Cent is wearing isn't a sweater at all; it's a polo/golf shirt. It would look better on Tony Soprano than a hip hop scumbag. Next, argyle isn't bad, but I agree, it depends on the color combination and pattern. It also looks too collegiate (no offense intended) for those who aren't.
This is the first time I've tried to sell anything here so if any of the measurements aren't clear or aren't what you need, let me know and give me the exact part or way that you want it measured. I have only two items for sale and as far as I know, am following the rules regarding selling thus far. I have a Armani Le Collezioni coat, black and white in color, making it sort of gray from a distance. It's 100% wool shell and 100% rayon lining, making it a fairly...
Quote: Originally Posted by Poincare Hello all. Jean Poincaré here, long time lurker, first time poster. I was crestfallen to find out that Romeo Gigli's south molton st shop is now a childrens clothing store. Did he relocate or close down? Do any London stores carry his label? I doubt I will find it in Harvey Nichols et al.? I posted a thread for this rather than on the 'quick questions' thread because I anticipated that this question might be a...
Much nicer than the Timex I'm wearing.