or Connect

Posts by Dewi

I love my car, as well. Sadly, in Atlanta at any rate, you have almost no choice but to drive. Like Bourbon said, MARTA has not been all that well run, historically. I live right off of a bus line (one), and while I can tell you the route number, I can't tell you where it goes. I rode it once to see how long it took to get to the train station (MARTA basically runs their buses as loops coming out of train stations, FWIW). It took 45 minutes in no traffic. To drive it:...
I quite like the new CEO/GM. His attitude seems to be one that will, or at least should, work well with the powers that be in the state, and at the same time push whatever system we end up with forward.MARTA is a mess on purpose. Atlanta Magazine actually had a few pretty good articles on MARTA and the state of transportation in the city and sprawl leading up to the vote that shed some light on the history of the system that a lot of people didn't know. I was surprised how...
That they do. They're wonderful, yet also terrible machines, often operated by people with substandard training and certification.
Just means I have to wait a bit longer for them to come back in stock. In the mean time, I'm sure Uncle Mac will like the argyles, though he will surely agree that my shoes all need a better shine.
Not just them, but also the populous. I live in Atlanta, and we had a transportation sales tax on the ballot back in the primaries in late July. It failed spectacularly, 3:1 against. And people still have the testicular fortitude to complain when traffic is horrendous. "Why don't they do something about it?"
Howard Yount has those, some navy, some charcoal, and some black herringbone OTCs listed. But they're sold out of all but the black ones, which aren't the ones that I want. Though I did just get some green argyles and some nice blues from Jamison in the post today...
I'm really liking the green here, Mburer.I keep thinking I should get some herringbone socks, but never pull the trigger on them. Maybe I should reconsider again.
Needed hot sauce. I mean...uh...
A lot of it isn't so much the tracks themselves, but the alignment, older bridges, and at-grade crossings that require significantly slower speeds. Most of the time is lost in those stretches, and the deceleration/acceleration stretches following. :nerd: