or Connect

Posts by Abraxis

Man so jealous of the linen t. need some 100% linen t-shirts
Yeah I still don't buy that silk doesn't bring an unwanted delicacy to the equation I got a rip in my PH silk classic blazer and I haven't worn it since. Linen, ramie and hemp + wool blends for lyfe.
Thanks el Bert! Have to slow my roll for a bit but I'll reach out if money permits Let me know when you move to SF sir!
I think you misconstrue my intentions. If I was that focused on quality or whatever I'd only buy Hermes products. I in fact don't own any Hermes products. Sure you can play the quality is completely subjective card. Sure, people have different sets of values, but I think the closest thing to an objective quality standards is one that is driven by those that pursue it as a life-objective (e.g. craftsman who have dedicated their lives in pursuing a particular...
Leather especially and craftsman are graded. First selection of materials goes to places like Hermes. They get first pick and what's left goes into what's the top tier for everybody else. They probably have an exacting standard and buy all that meet that standard to even out production numbers in years where the number of hides that meet their standards is on the low side.As for craftsman... people at the height of their craft probably mostly end up at those houses,...
congrats, for some people that's a serious grail.Frank leder pants! Was hoping they were a beastly wool tweed, but it's a loden wool. still interesting, but need to get some wool tweed ones. Slimmer fit than expected too... was thinking a medium would do based on waist but sizing up 1 even felt slightly snug in thigh. [[SPOILER]]
my impressions could be wrong calf - supple/medium weightish/more durable than lamb, most common or second most common after lamb donkey - durable/tough like horse but maybe a bit less durable and a bit less thick/more grain (smaller animal), not many people produce it/use it horse - durable, generally thicker, very scratch/dimple resistant... some scratches will just fade as the leather undimples. can be soft or stiff... wide variety of types depending on part of horse...
Look at what dieworkwear posted and how t3hg0suazn brought up CCP's name. So it's not just me making the comparison. I think it's useful to make the comparison because people need some perspective. Is CCP a master craftsman or artisan? No I don't think so. As I said he's probably pretty good for a gothninja designer. I mean what value is there in saying by designer standards he's a master craftsman or artisan? Because over time people are going to forget the "by designer...
Not at all, a bunch of people do it. BBS does it. Non-goth artisans do it. It just reinforces the seams. The tape will wear out and come off, but does reinforce while there. For CCP in particular I think he needs it because certain of his seaming techniques like overlocking or chain-seam can be fragile and could use the extra reinforcement. But no idea. Hell even my gyakusou from last AW has some taped over seams on the back of the shoulders. It's coming off and one end...
Shrug, CCP while having a strong tailoring background and is an innovator in terms of treatments... is he a master artisan or skilled craftsmen when put next to bespoke John Lobb shoe makers, or top tier Italian tailors or Hermes artisans? Pretty sure as Fuuma has repeatedly mentioned in that perspective he's just pretty fly for a gothninja guy. Also the materials are clearly not the finest in the world, a la Hermes. I think the craftmanship aspect of CCP is...