or Connect

Posts by Abraxis

Yuck. I'm the type of Asian who doesn't eat anything fresh water or from the sea except for rice or whatever they sneak into sauces or agar or whatever.
Ah that's interesting, thanks for elaborating. It's amazing how quickly an entire cuisine can vanish.
I guess I don't understand. I know there is the former USSR (contains ukraine and a lot of the spots you mentioned) and there is Russia. I assumed that what is Russia today contains parts of what has been called Russia throughout history which I'd think means that it has a long history outside of the USSR -- doesn't this mean that there should be like a traditional diet or traditional dishes? Or did they just absorb the food of their neighbors?
Is Odessa as oppressively cold as I envision Russia to be? If not then yeah I can see it being nicer -- but the Russia cold situation just sounds beyond brutal much like the heat in the Middle East. Hrmm yeah maybe I'll check out some of those spots. This Ukraine chick I know said the Red Door or something is good too. The whole concept of borscht is pretty unappealing to me though ;p and boiled foods.
Russia seems like a miserable and hellish place which largely explains some of the cultural tendencies ;p Read some NYTimes thing where some american russian dude locked himself in a hotel room and watched russian tv non stop for a period of time -- did not sound like enjoyable programming. Also the cuisine seems terrible too based on my experiences -- though perogies can be good.
Is that beneysd in 20 years?? I am lost without the context for thumbing from thumb comments. jk
Hrm I can see the resemblance, but it also reads m.a.+ to me.
Another person that might be interesting to have do this is mellowfellow -- he hasn't been too active lately here, but he's pretty good at the instagram game ;p He may be interested!
Not to mention -- he probably has some responsibilities to his partners at the restaurant too taking up some of his time? He's probably beholden to give them some of his priority after you guys ruffled their feathers via reviews/facebook.
Treatments are basically the R&D cost for these sorts of brands alongside experimental pattern making -- so doubt anyone really knows exactly. But if I'm wrong, curious to know as well