or Connect

Posts by Bjorling

I noticed that Marcello Tarantino in Yorkville is having a sale. Has anybody been and are able to give a report?
For Thai, there are 4 places I really like: Suko Thai - 274 Parliament St. Not the greatest neighbourhood, take a cab and don't expect to do anything else in that area. Safe though, as most of Toronto is. It is closed from 2-5pm, can be tough to get a seat a lunch, but early dinner time it is easier. Pai - 18 Duncan St. Walkable from anywhere in the downtown area, located in the entertainment district. Place is crowded, so try going a bit off normal eating...
I have 2 pairs of To Boot and agree they're worth it only if on sale a lot, like at least 50% off. Their quality seems to be variable from shoe to shoe.
At the College Park Winners is a caramel colour suit labelled E Zegna mainline. I am pretty sure it is a fake because the font is not real clear, the inside label is not the one on real EZ and the stitching on the shoulder is pretty poor. Be careful out there!
Those are probably made in England by Cheaney. Look inside the shoe near the middle and you are likely to see something that says "Made in England." If that is the case, then most likely they're Cheaney.
You need a cap
I came across an older pair of Dacks that are likely from the early 1980s. The name "Dacks" is in cursive script and the leather is described as "Imported Harra Calf." Does anyone know anything about this shoe and the leather?
I recently saw a pair of Dacks that looked to be circa mid or early 1980s with the following on the insole "Imported Zebu Grain" -- I forgot to take a picture, the leather was chestnut and pebble-like. Does anyone have any information about these shoes??
Sammy for sure - the model name and serial # are in the right location