or Connect

Posts by RPMcMurphy

Wife is working, so man-date with a buddy at an 'underground restaurant' club or whatever you want to call it nowadays.
Last night, sat in the Kitchen at my favorite restaurant. Restaurant Nicholas in Red Bank, NJ. http://restaurantnicholas.com/ ~9 courses each for my wife and I, all different so about 18-20 different dishes. Fantastic, as usual! Highlights: Cured Beef Tongue, Mustard Pudding, Pickled Cippolini Onions, Grilled Country Bread Pan Roasted Pork Chop, Japanese Eggplant, Forbidden Black Rice, White Currant Puree Braised Suckling Pig, Swiss Cheese Gougères, Mustard...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dewey buy new ones or, spill red wine all over both of them and make red sand or, just live with it they are disposable shoes I figured I'd give it a shot and used some of my wife's stain stick shout thing, some detergent, and a splash of bleach....and threw them in the warm wash. They are now drying on the window sill with newspaper stuffed in 'em, and surprisingly, so far, they look, kinda brand new!...
Was going to start one, but found this one. I think I nice, classy pen is an essential. Heck my Monte Blanc has gotten me my last two jobs, (and a third offer!), coincidental. any other pen-ophiles? I don't have many, I'd like to have more, but I have a Meisterstück ballpoint, and 2 Watermans, 1 Expert rollerball and one Amber Carene ballpoint.
Quote: Originally Posted by whiteslashasian Eleven Madison Park remains one of the best dining experiences I've ever had. . Now that I think about it, the two best 'lunches' Ive ever had were at Meyer joints....EMP and Gramercy. I also had dinner at Eleven Madison Park a few weeks ago, on a whim, was at Brandy Library at around 9pm on a Tuesday, called up a few places that were more casual after walking over to Locanda Verde and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jack2000 I always like Gramercy Tavern. I did a tasting menu there a couple of years ago that was great. I, as well. The bar there is very good too. If anything, his establishments breed some very very awesome folks for the industry. Gramercy is one of those 'solid' guaranteed to get a good meal places for me. Sure it's not on anyone's 'It's only cool if it's Chang's place' trendy list, but there is no...
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas No doubt Keller is an amazing chef; I hope to visit his restaurant one day. And he has shaped a generation of American chefs. I give him his due. But the staggering pretention levels are a real turnoff. Like the "Chicken Keller's Way." Cracks me up every time. I think I've mentioned before it's like a Seinfeld episode. Kramer: Chicken Keller's Way, Keller's Way, you've gotta try chicken Keller's...
Any idea how to get red wine out of a pair of sand dessert boots? They were 'heavily' broken in already, so I don't care much about the suede other than just making it all kinda sorta one color. happened a week ago. Took me a while to break them in so that they were actually comfortable for me, I'd hate to have to break in a new pair...
Quote: Originally Posted by vinnyforthewinny cereal milk.... now if you'd thought to make that into an ice cream you'd be a big hit in NYC....
1 vote for Highland Park 18 for me as my favorite. for a cheaper pour...Auchentoshen 'classic'