or Connect

Posts by utexas2010

Brand New Cole Haan Air Liam Chukka Boots: Bought at a Cole Haan store, needless to say, with my skinny frame they look like clown shoes on me, which is why my loss is someone else's gain! Here is a Zappos video on the boots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0iN5wTpyHU I am willing to accept offers but I think $150 is reasonable given the retail value of the boots. Also, if anyone in the New York City area is interested in seeing them in person or doing a local pickup, I...
Federal job. Not to sound pretentious but a pretty well known agency. We do get busy and work hard contrary to my last post but overall its extremely laid back with very little micromanaging.
Work in a government agency, can show up anytime as long as 8 hours are put in. I usually wake up around 8-8:30 and get to the office around 10 at the latest (40 minute NYC commute) Some coworkers work from 9pm-5am when the office is empty and then have the whole day off. The 8 hour day includes a 1 hour paid lunch and they even allow a break for an in office work out at the gym. As my first job out of college, it feels damn near impossible to ever consider switching to...
Hey everyone, This is the dilemma. I have an external hard drive with basically everything important on it from the past 5+ years. I want to back up all of those files online (roughly 500 GB) but I am having trouble finding a service that is basically a drag and drop option. Every service I find is for some automatic cloud backup system that randomly backs up your computer. Idk why but I find this highly annoying. I really don't need everything backed up, but rather my...
Thanks! I will try that route
Quick Question: I am 5'11, 160 pounds with extremely long arms. A few weeks back I went into Charles Trywhitt in Manhattan and got measured and the lady basically laughed and said they don't make shirts in my proportions (I think my arms were a 36 length and I am a 15 1/2 neck). Is MTM my only option or would buying a bigger size slim fit and getting it tailored work.....one day long ago my arms were an asset on the bball court now they are haunting me with my dress...
I don't think it is unrealistic. Maybe starting a high finance firm at 22 is. Age does not matter. The guy working in a restaurant for 2 years through 20-22 will know more about the business than a 10 year experienced investment banker. From personal experience, I know a few friends (not college grads) who started successful businesses between the ages of 23-27. One started a commercial cleaning company picked up one 3 year contract in suburban Houston, and clears $6,000 a...
Ignorant people I keep running into...basically witnessed three middle easterners get harassed yesterday...made me sick
Quote: Originally Posted by volatility smile Any recommendations for good bars/lounges/whatever in weho? A friend and I are set on Cantina so far, but I'm at a loss as to where else we should go/check out/whatever. I haven't really been to weho for the nightlife before +1 looking for the same!