or Connect

Posts by CrimsonWave

Finally a high quality yet reasonably priced tie maker, with ties in a 9cm width! (Apart from Vanda and Sam Hober of course) I have come across many nice designs from high quality tie makers that I could not use because they were too thin. I hope that this brand continues to grow so that more designs can be offered. Edit: In particular, personally, I would like to see more striped designs, both printed and woven, but especially the latter. Vanda and Hober have put out...
I have a suit made from their Perennial range (worsted suiting, 260 gms) that turned out very well, and I've since ordered another suit in the same design but in a different colour. However I still prefer my vintage H. Lesser 9.5 and Smith Woolens Blue Riband suits, which have a very dry finish (the VBCs are somewhat shiny) and in my view hang better than the VBCs I have. For these qualities, I am willing to pay the premium for English business suitings from Harrisons and...
If I were looking for a navy herringbone for a sports coat, I'd get the Harrisons Mirage or the W.Bill Phoenix.
Looks like Porter & Harding Glorious Twelfth 25347Ph, but may not be the same thing.
Take a look at Fratelli Tallia di Delfino's "Lino Delavé" bunch: http://www.carnet.it/it/24-lino-delaveMany colours to choose from. 250 gms.
I am intending to make up a dark grey suit for business purposes in a conservative environment. Has anyone had experience with both Hardy Minnis Fresco II (280-300 gms) and Smith Woolens Abacus? Is the Abacus less rough/fuzzy than the mid-weight Fresco II? Also, Abacus does feel somewhat stiffer. Is its ability to resist wrinkles and hold a crease comparable to the mid-weight Fresco II? Many thanks in advance.
Not sure if the colour is what you are looking for, but Ariston has a range of herringbones in what they term "summer tweed", and is 80% silk and 20% linen: http://articlesofstyle.com/52086/a-cooler-tweed-silk-hemp-for-spring/ I have a sports coat in it, and I find that it wears surprisingly cool. However, the coat was very expensive.
Look who's complaining now.The pictures I try to post are very large when they show up on the thread. Since I wanted to preface the photos with descriptions, the spoilers help to group the photos together. I find spoilers helpful when I am reading off my phone and figured that may feel the same way, even if others may be bent on finding fault with anything I post.
To follow up on my previous post, here are some photos of my fifth pair of Vass shoes. They are the River model, with the addition of heel counter seams, in brown museum calf. Once again, K last, in G fitting, double to single leather soles and flush metal toe taps: [[SPOILER]] When worn (trousers are H.Lesser 13 ozs 29706): [[SPOILER]] My second pair of Vass shoes. U Last adelaide oxfords in brown musuem calf. Soles are double to single leather, with flush metal toe taps:...
All four pictures in my previous post are of the same pair of shoes, which are in plum museum calf.