or Connect

Posts by abefroman

Quote: Originally Posted by MonkeyFresh I disagree with the carrying a conversation part, I run at a pace where im forced to concentrate on breathing, and be fully aware of the muscles moving in my legs, i feel if im running and am able to have a conversation its not doing any good you can disagree all you want, you would be wrong though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mblova How do some of you guys manage to hit 3 miles a day consistently. I am honestly finding myself stopping at around 2-2.5 miles at a 8-9 minute pace. I figure its my endurance...but damn is it hard. slow down. if you can't run and carry a conversation you're running too fast. don't worry about pace at all until you've been running for a year....maybe more.
Quote: Originally Posted by feynmix go to a running store and get fitted for the right running shoes. There are many different types depending on how your feet land. Every pair of feet requires a specific type of running shoes. +1 . also, after your first pair, find them online for much less (I consider the inflated cost of the first pair as payment for the fitting service). but yeah, 8 last night. 10 tonight.
Quote: Originally Posted by thekunk07 abe, do you have any sausage to sell? will you ship to nyc from chicago? get me these damn apc derbies for $50 and i'll ship you a kidney. i may have to call and get snooty with them.
Quote: Originally Posted by shoreman1782 What's the deal with the APC sale online? Right now I get a selection of "looks" on the right where all items claim to be $50--but that can't be right. Anyone seeing anything different? same here. prices are still full when added to the cart, and I can't process the order.
Looking for a 40R interview suit in the $200 - $400 range in charcoal, preferably. Flat front pants would be nice, but I'm not gonna get real picky at this price range. Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by Coulomb 1. it's not that ppl are scared of levis, they just don't appreciate the _possibility_ of a large corporation or another agency leveraging this technology to encroach on our privacy. 2. i don't see why levis wouldn't use this as a marketing tool. it's actually very effective because it would enable them insight towards where their product is most concentrated, how often it is worn, and who wears it. it's almost...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arethusa While that is true, if ddml's source is accurate, that's not remotely the same thing. let's just assume they are accurate, even though their credibility is questionable to say the least. they even admit in the article that the tags are external: While Levi Strauss reports that its current RFID trials use external RFID "hang tags" that can be clipped from the clothes and the focus is on inventory...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arethusa Please link to these (somewhat) credible sources. If these are tags attached the way mall retailers sew in RFID tags, it's not a big deal. If these are non generic tracking tags that are, say, sewn in between thick seams, I would suggest buying clothes elsewhere or microwaving your Dockers. http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1956190,00.asp eweek is a ziff davis site, while it's not the ny times, i'd...
was wondering what would finally get me to register. this all a bunch of fud. the tags were clipped to the outside of clothing, never embedded in the clothing. take three seconds to google and you'll find this info at (somewhat) credible sources; rather than a bunch of alarmist kooks who probably believe that rfid is the mark of the beast. edited to add: if this bothers you, you should stop using ups b/c they use rfid in the exact same manner.