or Connect

Posts by lennier

Ah, just saw a full length in another gallery, and yes not sure what he was thinking with that pants length. Missed that before as I was too busy checking out his wife.
Didn't see any pictures of Brad's pants to be able to comment, but not sure how Michel's rig is elevated above Brad's, with flap pockets and two buttons on his jacket. In terms of classic black tie I don't see any missteps in Mr Pitt's ensemble (satin peak, bow tie, cummerbund, studs) other than perhaps sleeve length.
Brad Pitt gets it right as usual. George mostly gets it right (2 button jacket with both done up, really George?) and generally a far higher standard than normal for the entertainment industry this year, at least in this sample. http://www.theage.com.au/photogallery/executive-style/mens-style-oscars-2012-20120227-1txgt.html?selectedImage=0
Ha, thanks Checky. That cheapo linen jacket seems to be a magnet for getting spotted, probably because it's what I wore to the Melbourne drinks meet so it's recognisable. Hopefully its place in my rotation will be filled by the jacket from the PJohnson cotton suit that should hopefully arrive this week :-) I was heading off to start the weekend at The Boatbuilder's Yard I think, which is quite cool as it turns out.
Nice Jason. I'll be in Mallorca in July in case you need a personal emissary to talk with them further :-)
Since you mention tie bars, anyone have pointers to a plain, unobtrusive silver or titanium one with a spring mechanism that isn't too bulky? I don't like the idea of the 'hairpin'-like ones that slide on as I'd be worried about long term damage or snags, and all the spring ones I've seen so far are like a cm or more deep at the deepest point and I expect will sit awkwardly.
I'm sure others of us appreciate it too. I've not bothered with the waywrn threads for ages now, but it's nice to see locally relevant examples of what people are wearing.
That's a good list for the sub $700 range. And I think scar3face must have mistaken this thread for some other part of the snark-ridden SF.
I think this is almost de rigeur for assistants in men's clothing stores (with apologies to those here that have done such work and would clearly have been the exceptions to the rule). I think every single OTR jacket I've ever tried on has met with 'that fits you really well' from the SA, despite the fact that - without exception - every single one did not.
I wasn't sure at first but I'm unfazed by it now. Plus of course you can ask them not to do it, it's just their preferred house style.