or Connect

Posts by lennier

And if peak lapels are an option then T.M. Lewin are probably worth a look in that price range, half canvassed and you could check size at Myer then buy direct more cheaply (I have no qualms with stores like that).
Comparing pics it seems likely that these are rebadged Kemptons for Herring for GBP20 less than they charge for the Kemptons: http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=6&shoeid=464
Yeah those Pimlicos are a great option I think. Once my cheapo Aquila brown suede chukkas (only bought because they were half price) bite the dust I think I'll be looking at a pair of Pimlicos.
My problems with Pernac were two-fold: firstly any alteration to the house style is a hit or miss affair as the proprietor - while a nice guy who tries hard - has little or no tailoring training, and their house style is nothing to write home about; secondly their quoted manufacturing tolerance was plus or minus 1cm so a possible variation of up to 2cm between one suit and the next for critical dimensions, which to my mind defeated the purpose of MTM almost entirely.
Great to see that rational critical thinking seems to go hand in hand with sartorial elegance, at least in this thread! Well beyond time that the scam 'alternative' medicine industry - particularly homeopathy - got the appropriate attention from health authorities.
They're the usual candidate put forward but a lot of people have been unimpressed with them as well apparently.
Yeah I am picking up but it's only a plain white shirt to go with the dinner suit, nothing too exciting other than being my only PJohnson shirt (hopefully not another slippery slope I've stepped on to). The cotton suit excitement was last week :-)
Not last I heard, still can't believe that such an obvious opportunity in the market hasn't been filled. I'm seeing Tom and Jen on Wednesday so I might ask them again as I seem to recall a mention that he may have found some place that seemed promising.
Notice any tweed PG? Might have to pop down there..
Studio Suits. Wasn't hugely impressed with the linen jacket I got from them, but that was completely unstructured at my request (and possibly not normally so) and so probably not a good example. They seem to get a decent wrap from people on places like AAAC so figured they' might be worth another go. I also now have good fitting jackets to use as a basis for the measurements, which I didn't have back when I did the first one.