or Connect

Posts by lennier

If you give up on trying to fit in to it then I might be interested in having a look :-)
Yep, great to see/meet everyone, thanks for organising PS!
Hopefully one of the others rock up between you and I arriving, otherwise it's likely to look like a meeting of the PJohnson Navy Suit Club. I'll be the one who isn't 6 foot and blond.
Still a good chance I will be able to make it. I think Appolyon was on the interested list too if I recall. Having been to both I'd probably suggest Treviso as a better option, space and food wise. Upstairs steak house at the Mitre is great but their downstairs stuff is average and the seating potentially rather cramped for a group.
Since my office is about 30m away from both there's a good chance I can make it along, depending on possible prior commitments that I'll need to confirm on Tuesday.
BTW, just because I never see it mentioned here I thought I'd point out that there are quite a few decent non-1880 Loakes to be had, depending on your taste. If you like sleaker lasts (as I do) then Loake Design have quite a lot of goodyear welted calf leather models (some even made in England, but most not) significantly cheaper than most of the 1880 range and often on sale at Herring/Pediwear. No doubt the 1880s may have higher quality leather, but for a shoe with decent...
Yep I did the 14.38k, was vastly under-prepared and so took it very easy but in the end felt ok and probably should have pushed it a bit more. My wife and daughter did the 5k (daughter in pram). How'd you go B-man?
The usual mediocre glued stuff that you get in most shoe stores. Massively overpriced at full retail but on deep discount can be an ok beater if you like a particular style of theirs.
My thoughts would be much like yours. Keep everything else plain (or perhaps a subtle stripe) and perhaps pick out one colour of the tie as a solid plain square just to anchor it in the ensemble a bit.
Gee that's pretty good, might have to check them out tomorrow if there're any left.