or Connect

Posts by lennier

I quite like Lewin's knitwear for simple jumpers etc. I guess Myer probably have them at inflated prices but I bought a navy merino v-neck online at the Oz site for $64 delivered the other day (still waiting on it). I have one of their lambswool half-zips and that's quite nice for the price.
I'm likely not in town this Thursday, so if I'm able to rock along I'll probably be in SW&D mode, or just plain badly dressed :-)
Well I could wear whatever I want when not dealing with clients' management, it's my company. But I decided to start wearing suit and tie again most of the time when in town for several reasons. The main one was probably that it helps me get my head in to business mode and provide some futile semblance of work/leisure separation :-) Plus I've found some pleasure in trying to dress with some style.
I get the impression most of us here shun most of the rest of SF these days!
I'm always open to it, just depends on time etc.
And, as usual, the utter cluelessness displayed in the comments makes me despair for the future of the country. I must stop reading them. I wonder how people so apparently ignorant of almost everything somehow have complete confidence in their opinions.
Yes, there's all that extra cost involved in setting up a specific store front to display your arbitrarily inflated prices... What a joke. They already had all the infrastructure in place to 'do business' and ship internationally and were doing so to selected countries, so there are no additional costs that justify those increases other than higher shipping, which after the initial period they will no doubt be charging for anyway. Just the usual...
Did ASOS do that initially too? I've only ever been on their Oz site relatively recently and the prices appear to be direct currency rate conversions within a percent or so, and thus very good since they will charge in Oz dollars and you can thus avoid conversion charges.
Lewin did post a response in the thread after a load of people weighed in following my original comments. To their credit they pointed out that they'd listened to previous criticism (also me among others) about forcing people on to their Australian site and had allowed people back on the UK site. So their rationale was that you had the choice to pay their inflated Myer and Oz website prices and get supposed benefits in 'special deals for the Australian market' or continue...
That sucks. I accidentally started a bit of a s^&tstorm on the Lewin facebook page by pointing out that same behaviour when they launched at Myer, Oz website prices almost doubled overnight.Will be interesting to see if things at J.Crew stay that way, as I purchased a Merino v neck off the Oz Lewin site yesterday for less than I could get it on the UK site, as prices of at least some things seem to be back at parity with the UK site and the free shipping then wins out.