or Connect

Posts by lennier

Still a good chance I will be able to make it. I think Appolyon was on the interested list too if I recall. Having been to both I'd probably suggest Treviso as a better option, space and food wise. Upstairs steak house at the Mitre is great but their downstairs stuff is average and the seating potentially rather cramped for a group.
Since my office is about 30m away from both there's a good chance I can make it along, depending on possible prior commitments that I'll need to confirm on Tuesday.
BTW, just because I never see it mentioned here I thought I'd point out that there are quite a few decent non-1880 Loakes to be had, depending on your taste. If you like sleaker lasts (as I do) then Loake Design have quite a lot of goodyear welted calf leather models (some even made in England, but most not) significantly cheaper than most of the 1880 range and often on sale at Herring/Pediwear. No doubt the 1880s may have higher quality leather, but for a shoe with decent...
Yep I did the 14.38k, was vastly under-prepared and so took it very easy but in the end felt ok and probably should have pushed it a bit more. My wife and daughter did the 5k (daughter in pram). How'd you go B-man?
The usual mediocre glued stuff that you get in most shoe stores. Massively overpriced at full retail but on deep discount can be an ok beater if you like a particular style of theirs.
My thoughts would be much like yours. Keep everything else plain (or perhaps a subtle stripe) and perhaps pick out one colour of the tie as a solid plain square just to anchor it in the ensemble a bit.
Gee that's pretty good, might have to check them out tomorrow if there're any left.
Good luck with the run Bman, I'm doing it too (and also not making it tonight).
Not looking likely that I'll have time tomorrow to come in to town especially for the meet up I'm afraid. Hopefully next time if not.
I quite like Lewin's knitwear for simple jumpers etc. I guess Myer probably have them at inflated prices but I bought a navy merino v-neck online at the Oz site for $64 delivered the other day (still waiting on it). I have one of their lambswool half-zips and that's quite nice for the price.