or Connect

Posts by lennier

I might be able to make it after all now, may see you guys there.Also, apparently business casual to some people now means removing the tie and jacket of your ill-fitting suit and adorning the remains with a hoody. This on a 60+ bloke on the tram.
Would have if I was in town and knew about it! Would have liked to get to the launch tomorrow evening too but am heading down to Lorne.
Exactly. My point was that there is no such thing as a 'made in China' quality, not that there is no such thing as quality from China
There is no such thing.
If anyone feels like paying full price for Sunspel stuff they have free shipping at the moment which appears to work to all destinations. Code 'august13' valid until Monday 26th.
If you're in Melbourne you're welcome to check out mine and see what you think.
I really like the one I have, the leather is soft and thick and the fittings and finish seem good. I'm no expert but I couldn't see anything out here that was close to the quality at that price.
It was a Mayfair, basically the same design as their current Coombe (which is what I'm getting as the replacement).
Just another shout out to the excellent service that Herring Shoes provide. I have a waxy leather bag I bought from them a while back, which came with a warning that prolonged contact with clothes could cause marking due to the waxy finish. Despite my efforts to avoid this I ended up with some staining on my trenchcoat so I emailed them asking if they had any advice on removing the stain. They didn't, but they did offer me their current equivalent non-waxy bag at 50% off...
Great big thanks to PInky, fxh, Appolyon, CHECKstar and coxaca (and anyone I didn't notice/meet) for supporting the Wear for Success Expert Network event last night and joining up. It was a good night - despite being roped in as a model of 'presenting well' without warning, lol.The Henry Carter ties were won by two non-SF attendees, which is great since that will give Jas more exposure than if one of the converted had walked off with them :-)The sockless guy was Michael,...