or Connect

Posts by UrbanComposition

I may be in the minority, but I can appreciate built-up and natural shoulders, as long as it's not too exaggerated on either extreme. I have and like both but feel more "me" with a natural shoulder. Padding seems artificial to me and if the cost of a natural shoulder means less of an ideal shape, I'm OK with that. My body is V enough as it is.
A slight shoulder extension usually does the trick for me; the way the sleeve is attached is less of a factor.
The button stance is my fault; I asked for a three button jacket but didn't specifically clarify I wanted it to roll to the second button, which they call "tre bottoni finto" (at least in that part of Sicily). He pressed it a bit to roll to a 2.5, and I'm happy with it. Anyway, it's a good excuse to get another jacket. I'm ambivalent towards a more structured shoulder; it has its place. The DB has a slight rollino at the shoulder which looks quite nice. If anything I'd...
Now that you mention it, my NSM jackets are cut a little leaner in the chest.
It warmed up this weekend so no flannel. I did wear the fresco jacket though. Here's a few pics. I know the quality of them isn't the best but it'll give you an idea of the lines and structure of the jacket.
When it gets cooler, yes. Summer temps in San Francisco can sometimes dip into the 60s.
Agreed. I do know where both guys live, though, and I can outrun them. Here's a few pics of the DB.
Good question. I assume so; he wants to make it legit and not a "take the money and run" operation. That's just the vibe I have so far; I'm sure once the business side of things is set up, the details will be clearly spelled out.
I agree. Panarea really felt like we were on vacation. We rented a boat from a fisherman and toured ourselves around the island till we found a bay. We anchored off the shore, had prosciutto and white wine, took an afternoon nap, and then dove in the sea to cool off. It was magical.
Just chatted with Sleevehead, and he's actually putting in a lot of work behind the scenes to create the Kickstarter and make it something continuously profitable. If successful, he'll get a cut (like most agents) but by far the majority is going to the tailor. Incidentally, both Sig Arrigo and Palmisciano set the US price at $3000 for a suit, which is pretty fair considering the quality, amount of handwork, and fit. Obviously more would be interested in the lower...