or Connect

Posts by UrbanComposition

Personally I wouldn't wear a turtleneck with a suit with stripes so close together. Chalk stripes are a different story.
Love brown ties, but since I wear mostly brown shoes, muted burgundy ties are starting to grow on me.
You're probably right about trends, but I can't help but notice how many trends from yesteryear are still considered "acceptable" (or simply tolerated). In contrast, I can't imagine someone in the 1940s saying "Gee, I hope I can score a sweet morning coat rig from the 20s at the thrift store. All the guys will think I'm cool." Whereas now, 60s suits are hip.
I would say what passes as "acceptable" is more fluid now, in that fashion & trends change far more quickly now than ever before. Used to be that a guy had one, two, maybe three suits to his name, and lapel width/trouser flare would remain relatively constant for decades. Now what with all the disposable clothes that flood the market, the market itself and its insatiable desire for change, and even recycled fashion (and its "cool" factor, whether real or imagined) and lo,...
I like many of those examples. Turtlenecks with fall/winter suits and no tie with spring/summer weight suits. The latter looks especially rakish when done well.
Maybe. I honestly haven't checked (and probably never will) as this is a Level IV sport coat - unlined, unstructured, some kind of wooly houndstooth fleece with blue suede on the elbows and under the collar. It's oversized & a bit sloppy. In other words: the perfect jacket to wear with jeans and sneakers.
Practically new. Cork/neoprene sole, Trubalance last. Bootmaker's Edition with gray glove leather inside. Take 'em for $400.$350.
Practically new. Cork/neoprene sole, Trubalance last. Bootmaker's Edition with gray glove leather inside. Take 'em for $400.$350.
Terrible pic, but you get the idea.