or Connect

Posts by UrbanComposition

I agree with you on all counts, G, but the onslaught of clueless color-lovers are often the worst offenders and blithely walk out the door looking like a clown exploded on them. Better to play it safe and look possibly boring but overall pleasing than to reveal one's ignorance.
We agree then it does exist, but only plays a minor role. If I could draw a Venn diagram, the point where classic menswear and seasonal colors overlap would be pretty small.
TL;DR version - Color coordination, balance and harmony trumps color seasonality.
Fortunately, most colors generally seen in classic menswear are appropriate for all seasons: blue, brown, and gray. There are definitely bright pastels for spring and summer, and muted, dusty hues for fall and winter, but I would focus on the ones that are obviously seasonal, and integrate one or two with classic menswear colors.
Could be because it's summer, but I really like that muted, light earth tone look. ^
Come on guys, flowers bloom in spring even in the desert I grew up in San Diego, but even there I'd say seasonality of colors (though probably not fabric) exists. Roping in @GusW for color discussion.
Dusty greens work with dusty browns/tans. It's a nice low-contrast (or palewave) look for summer. Spring, not so much; pastels are more seasonally appropriate then.
Thanks. Tie is Drakes from NMWA.
I certainly thought so, but those pictures will never again see the light of day. Didn't CK go somewhat minimalist in the 90s? I remember their ads being mostly black and white.