or Connect

Posts by UrbanComposition

Yes, CMT. I don't know if Sig Arrigo will be willing to come out to San Francisco, but he wasn't averse to travel either. I'll mention it to him and see what he says. Sleevehead is trying to organize a NYC visit; I'll see if we can coordinate a visit on this side of the States. I have no idea of the particulars but Id hazard that the cost of everything will at least double if he does come.
I'll post some pics of both jackets this weekend; if The weather is anything like it is today, the flannel should be relatively comfortable. The shoulder of them is different, as well as the sleeve treatment. Think of it as a representation of at least two styles that he can do. Didn't get a chance to visit any other tailors in Messina, but I did hear that Savoca is no longer working (at least his phone number isn't).
I have asked Sig Arrigo if I can share pricing and he gave me the green light: For those visiting his sartoria in Messina the price for a jacket is €800, €300 for trousers and €300 for a vest. Turnaround is 10 days to two weeks, depending on workload. He may visit New York and if he does, his cost will be considerably higher. If you are going to him in Messina you either must speak Italian or hire a translator, as he doesn't speak English.
I have asked Sig Arrigo if I can share pricing and he gave me the green light: For those visiting his sartoria in Messina the price for a jacket is €800, €300 for trousers and €300 for a vest. Turnaround is 10 days to two weeks, depending on workload. He may visit New York and if he does, his cost will be considerably higher. If you are going to him in Messina you either must speak Italian or hire a translator, as he doesn't speak English.
I won't wear a cravat until I'm 60 or own a yacht.
Will do. I'll be sure to wear duct taped shoes.
The tailor is Sig Arrigo in Messina, Sicily. His wife and daughter are involved in the shop. This was one of two jackets made, two fittings and almost two weeks before the final product.
The guys at Tailors Keep already have my trouser pattern and I quite like it. When I go back I'll have trousers made by Arrigo, I think with a single pleat.
It's his house style, which is great to begin with. He'll ask for lapel width, and details, but otherwise I let him do his thing. He is very proud that his style is classic but modern. His suggestions were a very small "rollino" on the sleevhead of the DB, along with a option to button either the middle or bottom, which I agreed with. The shape of the peak lapels looks great; very very slight belly with the points not too high. The sleeves on the single breasted have a...