or Connect

Posts by UrbanComposition

Heading to Sicily
To be honest I have no idea. Got it from Yorkshire Fabrics, who AFAIK are simply merchants. Feels like shetland. It'll probably snag like crazy. Not dense at all. Been looking for years for the perfect brown tweed with green and red/orange, and went bonkers when I saw it. Should've ordered a sample but I'm glad I took a chance.
This just arrived. Two meters of fluffy 14oz goodness.
I agree with you on all counts, G, but the onslaught of clueless color-lovers are often the worst offenders and blithely walk out the door looking like a clown exploded on them. Better to play it safe and look possibly boring but overall pleasing than to reveal one's ignorance.
We agree then it does exist, but only plays a minor role. If I could draw a Venn diagram, the point where classic menswear and seasonal colors overlap would be pretty small.
TL;DR version - Color coordination, balance and harmony trumps color seasonality.
Fortunately, most colors generally seen in classic menswear are appropriate for all seasons: blue, brown, and gray. There are definitely bright pastels for spring and summer, and muted, dusty hues for fall and winter, but I would focus on the ones that are obviously seasonal, and integrate one or two with classic menswear colors.
Could be because it's summer, but I really like that muted, light earth tone look. ^
Come on guys, flowers bloom in spring even in the desert I grew up in San Diego, but even there I'd say seasonality of colors (though probably not fabric) exists. Roping in @GusW for color discussion.
Dusty greens work with dusty browns/tans. It's a nice low-contrast (or palewave) look for summer. Spring, not so much; pastels are more seasonally appropriate then.