or Connect

Posts by UrbanComposition

I hear you. It's a look. Fashion; it's a silly business. Sometimes even I fall prey to it. In the 90s I did love me some Armani doh.
To be fair, I hear your argument, but I'd counter that most plebs that aren't fabric nerds like us don't notice coarseness; they notice color and pattern. Both can be outlandish or subdued, depending on your taste. Personally I prefer the tactile surface of tweed and so gravitate toward those with surface interest but with a soft hand. If you dig worsted tweeds, who am I to call you out as a poser? I live in the Marina district of San Francisco. No one is going to ask if I...
I think you think too much.
I actually am starting to dislike smooth faux tweeds because they have rustic designs but in fact smoother than many worsteds. I have one, and have a length of Hardy Riviera that will be made up next year, but at least for me they are strictly for shoulder seasons. With a few notable exceptions, that kind of fabric seems neither here nor there. I like the rustic look of tweed, but sometimes it can be a little dry to the touch, which is why I gravitate toward Shetland...
Andy, that jacket looks really great. Steed or Hermajani? Either way, I really like the shoulders. Man I wish I got a length of that fabric. I like your choice, Trini; the undyed plaid appeals to me too. When are thinking of getting that made up?
Thanks, Ed. Good to know.
Checked with Luxire to see if they had any extra Minnis 14/15oz flannel hanging around and they don't but recommended EThomas 15oz flannel. Anyone have experience with it? I like the stiffer (relative for flannel, I know) construction of Minnis. Not a fan of Uber-soft flannels that can't hold a crease.
Very nice. I can't tell from the picture, does the jacket hug the shoulders, or is there a bit of extra width?
Yorkshire Fabrics has the top one. It's great. Seems to be Shetland. Harris Tweed has one similar to the second.
I'll ask him. He does accept wire transfers to Western Union (he has a relative that works there). When are you thinking of going?