or Connect

Posts by UrbanComposition

Innnnnnnnnnn
Ed says he doesn't have my size right now I've rarely seen a bad pic from you. Can't say that about myself. Threads like these are great because they can serve as benchmarks for fit, color, texture, and coherence. Kinda like an inspiration board. I miss GDLs & Vox's finely curated threads.
I peruse this thread more than others, and whereas it's always full of "win", I have to praise two dudes: My fellow Bay Area Bro Justin, who has, for better in this instance, utilized StyFo for his benefit, looking great at the Ring Jacket / Khakis of Carmel meetup, and Kulata, who consistently dresses way better than I ever will. Srsly. BTW, what shoes are those? Been looking for some nice Budapesters recently.
We go every couple of years. The plan is next June. I'm going to visit two of the tailors Sleevehead mentioned in his Sicily write-up, one in Messina & the other in Catania. Ten or so years ago my wife & I spent a year in Ravenna & I picked up the Italian there.
Coxsackie - the jacket fabric and the tie don't jive well. Is the jacket fabric a moleskin? Victor - good to see you posting again.
Hai gaiz So I actually saw the 'squirl in SF the other day, and you know what impressed me the most (besides the beard)? The shirt collar. Woefully under appreciated, it - more than the suit - frames the face. A cheap choice usually ends up being a poor choice. So if you were ever on the fence re: G Inglese shirts, don't be. Aside from going to Italy yourself (which I will, so there), there are few collars that do the semi-spread justice. G Inglese does it at a...
I didn't either, until I saw St Crispin's & EG's split (apron) toe in person. Not only are they beautiful, but they are my go-to casual shoe, especially for sport coats.
You won't be disappointed. When Jim said they go a little crazy with their mannequins, he wasn't exaggerating. They've got a huge selection in there.
It was stuffy in that room, but nice to see old faces and meet new ones. See you at the next one.
I wouldn't call brown stripes on a suit "good taste". YMMV