or Connect

Posts by nexus

Doing some thrifting today and ran across a pair of well-worn but nice-seeming dark brown brogues in my size 44. Flip up the tongue and see "made in Italy" which is a good starting point. Flip them over, see nice leather soles .... And an Aldo logo. The shoes look fairly old. The Aldo logo looks nothing like the crappy store's logo. Anyone have any insight on these? They appear relatively nice - way nicer than anything I've ever seen from Aldo. Not to mention Italian -...
I realize you are looking for an expert - I'm not a tailor - but personally I like the lapels as they are. You are super slim and I wouldn't typically like a DB suit on a guy with your build, but if you're going to wear a "big" suit my general feeling is that you should keep the "big" elements. Its a suit that is going to get noticed (for better or for worse) so I think it demands a traditional lapel. A skinny lapel on a DB suit on a skinny dude is just too cliched (and...
Its just not the case up here. I'm in BC and I've never seen them dip below $1000 even with a sale.That said though, its still a good recommendation. I've seen them sell lightly used on ebay for considerably less than retail so thats definitely an option, though you don't get the benefit of trying it on.
You mean the same 1818 suits that retail for $1,298+HST at Brooks Brothers on Bay Street?
To be frank, off the start: 1) as long as your sleeves are an appropriate length and your suit isn't too big or too small, you will already be better dressed than most Bay St. lawyers, who as a general rule, aren't particularly well-dressed. 2) Litigators tend to be a little flashier than solicitors, in my experience, so your choices are going to depend in part on your expected department. Solicitor? Go more conservative. Litigation? Be a little more daring. 3) I'm not...
Thanks for the advice all. The suit I bought was on sale, I doubt I'd pay full price for it. I agree on the demo photo - I'm not going to defend how it looks there. I like the way it looks on me and ultimately thats all that counts - SF approved or not. Maybe I'll take a chance on one of the ebay suits, I'm always so apprehensive about it though. I'm a tricky fit so unless it looks just right on me (or can look just right on my with minimal tailoring) I typically stay...
Is anyone familiar with suits from these guys? I have one in grey (the model is called "Norden") and its the best off-the-rack suit I've ever bought. They are slimmer fitting without being skinny - which is perfect for me because I'm stocky. They retail for around $700-800, but can be found on sale for $500. The ToS Norden suit I have is hands down the best "cheap" OTR suit I own. Anyways, my question - Is anyone is familiar with the fit and cut of these suits, and if...
They are Sperry Topsider Winter A/O Chukka Boots. I only see dark brown on the website and the lining doesn't look as plush but they are on the website in any event. Google "Sperry Topsider Winter A/O" for tons of websites reselling the shoes, might save a few bucks vs. the Sperry website.
This.If it is within your means now, then buy it. But recognize that it is an ostentatious briefcase and will stand out like a sore thumb. My experience with law school is that there are more than enough individuals there already with artificially inflated senses of self-worth. You don't want to be tagged as one of those if you can help it - and a $700+ will do just that.Check your ego at the door. Be modest. Dress well but not ostentatiously. Reward yourself on graduation...
Thank you so much for your advice. Very, very appreciated.I will pass on this suit and let someone else pick it up. It is a 40R (which I usually am) but it fits more like a 42R.