or Connect

Posts by Holstein Bilter

So, I was actually going to go dark brown shoes for the suit, but I forgot to bring them.Had I done that and got rid of the hanky..would that have helped?
It was exactly as you described. I tried this because I was in a room full of black suits.Alas, I did go overboard on the shirt/pocket square and color combo =)Great advice. I'll shoot for a more measured combo. Picture to come.
Canali grey suit w/light blue pins Brioni blue plaid shirt Allen Edmonds wings Fendi Navy Blue Tie Brioni pocket square Dunhill tie clip
I have been shopping around for wool for a bespoke suit and have seen super 180s wool from England at 250 for 3 .25 meters. I've seen super 200s wool from England for 400-600 dollars for 3.2-3.6 meters. Just for kicks, I started researching super 250s wool for suits and found a mill in India who specialized in making it. Their quote for super 250s wool? 2496US dollars per meter, or a cool 8,110 dollars for 3.25 meters! Unbelievable. Can it really be that...
Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI WTF is the point of being stupidly rich if you have to live frugally? BILLIONNAIRE FAIL. +1 on this one. What's the point of having it, if you're not going to enjoy it, or help someone else w/it? There. THat's my comment. Stupid me.
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Holstein, you sound like a pretty dumb guy. A dumb guy for not commenting? All I did was post the article and let everyone else comment.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Even the most expensive clothes are an insignificant expense for guys like that. So they don't buy custom suits. OK, but do they have planes, seven houses that cost eight figures each? A domestic staff of 30? The idea that this is some sign of virtue or wisdom on their part is frivilous. Those of us on SF spend on clothes because we enjoy it. If I had the money to spend on a really nice boat I might do that. I...
http://financialedge.investopedia.co...lionaires.aspx 3. Buy Your Clothes off the Rack While some people, regardless of their net value, place a huge emphasis on wearing designer clothes and shoes, some frugal billionaires decide it's simply not worth the effort, or expense. You can find David Cheriton, the Stanford professor who matched Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page to the venture capitalists at Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers (resulting in a large...
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...LV9U1ERE7F.DTL Editor's note: A recent photo of J. Crew's shrunken suit had readers asking, "I'd love to know whether this represents high fashion or is a bad joke?" Style asked Pocket Square columnist Aaron Britt. The suit silhouette popularized by designer Thom Browne - a slim-fitting gray number whose short sleeves and cropped cuffs leave no joint to the imagination - has resounded across the men's sartorial...
Allen Edmonds Dark Brown Wings Cashmere socks Kiton super 180s slacks Borelli white w/blue pinstripes Bvlgari baby blue tie Plain old dark brown belt(I don't give a crap Audemars Piquet Royal Oak