or Connect

Posts by thc

If you can find Helmut Lang sweaters on sale, I think those would be what you're looking for...
Did you ever find out about the shortening? I'm interested too.
Quote: A.Harris and I have had great discussions regarding trousers, leather jackets in the "Buying and Selling" forum under the Ebay Questions topic. What are Forum members favourite/best trouser brands and leather jackets? Mine are: Dress Trousers: Incotex, Rota, Kiton, Loro Piana Casuals: Incotex (and REM), Rota, Loro Piana, Stone Island, Mabitex, Bill's Khakis (Model 2) For stylin': Prada, Gucci Leather Jackets: Seraphin (and Hermes), Loro Piana, Zegna...
Has anyone tried it? Are you happy with the results?
Personally, I am very skeptical of La Mer. I've heard the story of Max Huber and the miracle cream that healed his burns, or whatever the story is. The fact is none of Huber's research was documented and we have no idea what he was using before or what else might have given the effect. Essentially, La Mer is water with some thickening agents and a little bit of algae. Now Estee Lauder, which owns the La Mer brand, has come up with a whole line of La Mer products that have...
I'm late to this thread. I use their pre-shave oil. I personally don't like the shaving cream. It seems to have a soapy consistency. I find that the best thing you can do to have a good shave is to install a mirror in your shower and shave in the shower. You could use bar soap and still have a good shave. I just can't stand the idea, personally, of spending too much money on shaving cream when so much of it can go to waste, e.g., using too much, washing it off, etc. But if...
I have two favorite lines: Aesop and Molton Brown. Aesop (www.aesop.net.au) is a brand from Australia and Molton Brown (www.moltonbrown.com) is from the UK. For my skin, it's important to exfoliate regularly, and so I use a facial scrub regularly. My favorite scrub is the Aesop Tea Tree Scrub. This is a granular scrub which you mix with your cleanser. I like it because it's gentle, but still has some "oompf" to it to get rid of dry skin. For cleanser, I prefer to use gel...
I thought I was answering your question. But again, I use this product because it gives me a look that I like. It's casual, and I can still run my hands through my hair, and gives me a youthful appearance at the workplace, while still looking professional. That's how my product fits into my lifestyle--good enough for the workplace and good enough for after work. Your question almost sounds philosophical, but I'm afraid I can only give a practical answer. To answer the...
I go to Peppino Tailors on 60th & Lexington. He's expensive, but the best out there, in my opinion. I got a recommendation from a woman at the Cerruti boutique.
These are great printed t-shirts that are so soft and kind of are in the retro t-shirt vein. Anyone have an online source for these? They sell them at Bergdorfs. Thanks.