or Connect

Posts by thc

There is one Vivienne Westwood boutique here in NY in SoHo. As far as I know, it's still open, but I haven't been there in 5 or 6 years. Vivienne Westwood's designs just do not appeal to me. As everyone else has said, they're too wild and outlandish. Although because of this thread, I may stop by the boutique and see if there is anything. But in general, I'm not surprised she hasn't done that well in the US. As far as Chicago shopping, Chicago has a lot of good stores,...
I like the first pair better--the lighter colored ones.
they weren't bad. I picked up a couple of D&G shirts at Barneys and an Armani Black Label shirt at Bergdorfs. Both were marked down more than 60%.
Out of curiousity, where can you find Richard Tyler? A long time ago, I used to see Richard Tyler at Barneys and Bergdorfs but haven't seen or heard about it in a while. I remember when a lot of actors would also wear Richard Tyler tuxes to the Academy Awards, etc. anyway, from what i know, richard tyler is supposed to be extremely high quality with lots of hand-made aspects and touches to the clothing. However I don't have any personal experience with his clothing.
I love Battistoni. Here in NY, i've only seen them at Barneys. If you're a fan of The Talented Mr. Ripley, that's where Dickie and Tom Ripley go when they go clothes shopping in Rome in the movie. My favorite aspect of Battistoni shirts are the rounded edges on the collar.
My favorite t shirts are by Tailgate, Project E, Tyler Speed, Altru and Five Crown. Then there are many quirky t shirts I find. I'm kind of a tshirt fanatic, and i'm always on the hunt. Probably my store to get t shirts is Belmont Army Surplus in Chicago. here are some cool online t shirt stores (some sell more than t shirts): www.bwild.com www...........com www.activeendeavors.com www.t-shirtking.com www.80stees.com www.t-shirts.com www.guyshop.com
In the summer, I just carry a credit card case by Bottega with one credit card, my Metrocard, my license and my gym card. Only other things I carry are my cell phone which is small enough to fit in my pocket w/o being uncomfortable and my iPod which I clip to my belt. I'm lucky to be able to leave my keys with my doorman. In the winter, when I wear a coat, I switch to a full size wallet. I have a wallet by Seeger. But the first thing I suggest is really evaluate what...
A lot of Barney's Private Label stuff is made in the same factories as designer Italian stuff like Armani, Cerruti, etc. The quality is good for standard, non-custom suits. A price of $450 is a good price. I wouldn't call it a bargain, but it's not a bad price.
Although I'm not a big fan of RL and prefer the history of Lacoste and Rene Lacoste, I have to admit that RL polo shirts fit me much better and have a better variety in material, color and patterns...
Recently, Boris Becker has been making some appearances as a commentator and I've liked his outfits. Not sure if this has always been the case...