or Connect

Posts by Alex C

Black Lapel looks like an interesting option. At about half the price of the local place, if they're both MTM I don't see a ton of advantage of spending $1,200 for a similar product. My assumption is all I would gain are better measurements and a wider array of fabrics.
My mistake with the wording, I'm buying both a jacket and trousers. After re-reading my post, I see where the confusion came from.I met with a local custom tailor in St. Louis called Saville Row. They'll do a full custom tuxedo for $1,200, which seems fair. My assumption is that it's made to measure, though they say they create a pattern and retain it for later usage.There are a few more local places I'd like to visit. I'm giving a passing look at Indochino, but the...
All, I'm getting married in November and on the hunt for a specific type of tuxedo/dinner jacket. A large portion of the reason I'm game for one is based on Tom Hanks at the Oscars last (?) year: I've been on the hunt for an OTR Shawl DB tux for awhile, and haven't had much success. My optimal budget is around $1,000, which appears to be a stretch. I already have a SB peaked, so all I need is the tuxedo itself. Paul Stuart makes a very pretty one, but it's well above...
That's pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking. Just wanted some external verification.
Hello all, I don't have a date set for my wedding, but we're shooting sometime for the end of this year if at all possible, depending on venue availability. We'll be doing both service and reception in one venue, starting with the service around 5:30, leading straight into cocktails followed by dinner. We intend to send invitations as "Black Tie Preferred." A number of the groomsmen already own perfectly suitable tuxedos on their own. I see no reason to make them all...
In various blogs lately, I've seen a lot of Wayfarer type frame sunglasses with clear plastic frames. It doesn't look like Ray-Ban makes anything in that sort of family, and the blogs tend to have uncredited pictures. Gant makes a reasonably priced pair: http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/Gant_Sunglasses-lfnbnhm/lb.html But the frames look somewhat blobby and uninteresting to me. Oliver People's look...
In various blogs lately, I've seen a lot of Wayfarer type frame sunglasses with clear plastic frames. It doesn't look like Ray-Ban makes anything in that sort of family, and the blogs tend to have uncredited pictures. Gant makes a reasonably priced pair: http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/Gant_Sunglasses-lfnbnhm/lb.html But the frames look somewhat blobby and uninteresting to me. Oliver People's look...
Drop to $50. Any interesed?
There's no tag for size, but it measures out to about an Italian 42L. Ish. Great condition, I bought it on eBay and my shoulders are too wide for it. I never wore it, it's been hanging up for a year because I really dig it and somehow magically wish my shoulders would shrink. Jacket: Shoulders: 19.25 Arm: 25.5 Length: 31.75 Chest: 22.25 Waist: 19.5 Pants: Waist: 18 Inseam: 33.75
I threw some money at this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jakehimself/flint-and-tinder-premium-mens-underwear I'm hoping it turns out well.