or Connect

Posts by forseti6

Nick, I think your experiences with AE has been less AE's quality or customer service, but just the normal pitfalls of ordering shoes that you haven't tried on beforehand. I regularly order MTO shoes from trunk shoes, and even though I only order MTOs on last I am familiar with, I hold my breath a little because you can never be 100% sure. But hang in there... you'll get it right!
I can see that. But ironically, that's what I found so attractive about it. I've just never seen another wholecut so stunning before. Personally, I don't mind drawing attention to my feet, so the light brown contrast is perfect in my eyes.
Never tried any on or seen any in person myself, but for the price, SF seems to like them. Check out some of the longer threads on here to find out more about them. They seem pretty highly regarded for what it's worth.
I dunno. I wear A LOT of plaids. Of my seven or eight suits I normally wear, all but two are plaids / windowpane. So I'm not dressing conservatively to begin with. I think these shoes will go perfect with some of my darker grey plaid suits or even navy plaid suits.Then again I'll also wear green shoes with my suits and dark blue shoes with my greys. My shoe closet is about 80% non-black. Not the biggest fan of black.
Someone got one hell of a deal!
Went to the trunk show today and ordered a pair of the 546s..... Just like these in the Riva last - But in a double sole. I wanted to do a slight variation of these, but the way it looked was already so damn perfect....
No. Garbage leather. Garbage construction. Pass.
I have those boots. I've worn them with a dark grey suit before. They look great. I love green. If I didn't just buy a pair of St. Crispin's today, I'd buy those bluchers too!
I am a journalist. Most people in my office wear button down shirts and slacks. Some wear their kenneth cole shoes while some will wear their Converse Chuck Taylor. The only people that wear shirt and tie are the more senior editors. I usually wear a full suit to work - usually with a tie, occasionally without. When I'm working on weekends or nights, I'll usually wear slacks with a button down shirt. I am almost always the best dressed in the newsroom - although...
From the comments I receive from friends and family (who I'm sure is more representative of the country than people here) we're all "nuts." My dad used to wear Florsheim and Hickey Freeman back in the 70s and 80s, perhaps even into the 90s, and he considered those to be extremely expensive. That's just how the normal person thinks. With all the mass marking "shoes on sale for $29," "Buy one suit, get one free" etc, of course people think those are the norm. It's all...