or Connect

Posts by abl

I'm looking for a new pair of semi-casual shoes (something to wear with jeans). Thoughts about these Sutor Mantellassi brown suede shoes? I don't know whether they're blake welted or not, but I can get them for roughly $250.
It depends a bit on the shade of grey. Charcoal is definitely ok. Light grey is less ideal, but could still work. Basically, the darker the grey, the more formal it is. But this is really a moot point: if you only have one suit and the event is tomorrow evening: you don't have time to buy a new suit and have it tailored. It might be worth getting a second, slightly more formal suit, for this reason (charcoal or midnight navy). For now, though, I think you're safe...
I like your new tie, but this is a little safer. Also, for what sort of job are you applying? If you're trying to be an ibanker, the new tie could work. If you're trying to be an actuary, both outfits might be a bit too flashy.
bump
Also, thoughts about wearing a light linen or cotton suit jacket as a blazer? I know that it's generally considered a faux pas to wear a suit jacket without the suit pants (say, with jeans or something), but does that rule apply to light summer fabrics as well on jackets that include contrasting buttons and whatnot? I have in mind something like this: or this: (Oxford cloth cotton) or this:...
Thoughts about including a brown corduroy blazer as part of my rotation? I am trying to build a wardrobe of blazers/sportcoats, and I know that the jcrew ludlow fits me well. I currently have a brown-grey herringbone tweed blazer and am looking for more. I know that brown cord isn't the standard second blazer that anyone would buy, but I'm trying to do this on a budget so if it's going to be a useful 3rd or 4th jacket I figured I'd buy it now when it's on sale ($100 for...
Any thoughts??
I'm looking to pick up my blazer game. I currently have one brown herringbone tweed blazer (nice for winter, but a bit too distinctive to wear with regularity / in warmer months), so I need a couple more. I'm looking for things that cover a lot of ground and are versatile -- e.g., ideally 1-3 additional pieces that'll at least give me a strong base for the next year or two. FWIW I'm in my early 30s and in a conservative profession. My total budget is ~$500. Classic...
Does anyone know Whitehouse Cox? I'm looking (low priority) for a new wallet, and stumbled on these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201504048226?rmvSB=true#viTabs_0. I'm leaning towards Havannah Brown (which I think is on the right end in the picture), but like the other two dark ones as well. I definitely prefer slimmer wallets and don't know much about this company or this model. Seems like a good deal, though...
Does anyone know Whitehouse Cox? I'm looking (low priority) for a new wallet, and stumbled on these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201504048226?rmvSB=true#viTabs_0. I'm leaning towards Havannah Brown (which I think is on the right end in the picture), but like the other two dark ones as well. I definitely prefer slimmer wallets and don't know much about this company or this model. Seems like a good deal, though...