or Connect

Posts by abl

Any thoughts??
I'm looking to pick up my blazer game. I currently have one brown herringbone tweed blazer (nice for winter, but a bit too distinctive to wear with regularity / in warmer months), so I need a couple more. I'm looking for things that cover a lot of ground and are versatile -- e.g., ideally 1-3 additional pieces that'll at least give me a strong base for the next year or two. FWIW I'm in my early 30s and in a conservative profession. My total budget is ~$500. Classic...
Does anyone know Whitehouse Cox? I'm looking (low priority) for a new wallet, and stumbled on these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201504048226?rmvSB=true#viTabs_0. I'm leaning towards Havannah Brown (which I think is on the right end in the picture), but like the other two dark ones as well. I definitely prefer slimmer wallets and don't know much about this company or this model. Seems like a good deal, though...
Does anyone know Whitehouse Cox? I'm looking (low priority) for a new wallet, and stumbled on these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201504048226?rmvSB=true#viTabs_0. I'm leaning towards Havannah Brown (which I think is on the right end in the picture), but like the other two dark ones as well. I definitely prefer slimmer wallets and don't know much about this company or this model. Seems like a good deal, though...
I'm pretty new to all of this. Any suggestions among the sales for somewhere to find nice dress shirts in the $20-60 range? I'm looking for 1-2 shirts to wear with a tie (preferably white or light blue) and 1-2 shirts to wear in a dressy-casual environment with just slacks. Preferably, I won't have to constantly re-iron these shirts. I'm not the biggest fan of OCBDs and FWIW am fairly slender, 14 1/2. I guess I'm also in the market for nice slacks, but those seem...
Any tips on dirt cheap dress belts? I'm looking
I really like Rodina, but I think my wrists are too skinny for it (I read some reviews that said the face wears more like a 42mm or 44mm face).
Thanks all! I think I've narrowed it down to one of the two Cosmos models. I probably like the numerals more, but I'm a little bothered by the 6 being cut off. Thoughts?
Thanks! Any other thoughts? What do people think of the Orient Cosmos?
I love the seiko spark but that's obviously not an option. Are there other watches you'd recommend? I'd like to wear it on a leather band (probably brown, but that'll depend a bit on the type of watch) as a mostly-everyday work/play hybrid. I have skinny wrists so a giant face is a no-no. Sapphire and water resistance are pluses by are by no means required (and I understand that they price me out of the range, at least for a watch with a half-decent movement). I'm...