or Connect

Posts by bcbg

Don't touch Nobu. It has become like the Cheesecake Factory, wan and mediocre, good only for those coming for middle America. Go to Sushi Yasuda if you care about these things. There is abundant good Japanese food in NY, but Nobu features none of it. If you want inexpensive try either Ippudo (fantastic ramen featuring a stunning broth) or Robataya (very fresh grilled bites). Quote: Originally Posted by poissa If you want to be a baller, Nobu has great...
This: Quote: Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me. arguably, if you're properly budgeting for investments/savings/bills, etc then you probably won't have THAT much money to throw around on casual wants. and if you do...throw some of that my way Focus on savings with equal zeal as you do clothing. Savings are just consumption deferred so it isn't as remotely related an idea as you might imagine. Spend time studying your savings rate, your money...
Congratulations on deciding to become a stylish lawyer.
Might be the best outfit I've seen on this site. Quote: Originally Posted by Maccimus A raincoat/windbreaker like yfyf's
I would think one would want wardrobes and housing aligned. Both make up one's environs. That said I've lived in dumps and am only now moving to something equal to how I more or less habitually dress. Quote: Originally Posted by Joe Cool Usually guys with delusions of grandeur have kick ass apartments.
Wise. Some of us went further only to realize rather late the horrors of the career we sought. Quote: Originally Posted by topbroker You have a point. I'm a bit of an academic myself; I taught as a college adjunct in the States, in addition to my high school work, and before long I'll probably be a visiting professor at a university here in Korea. But credentials-wise I topped out at a double master's (English Literature and Education); I had not the...
In three purchases I've never had a problem and always been impressed with their personal and responsive service. Truly. Quote: Originally Posted by Chirpy415 So, a few weeks ago I ordered a pair of hand made Church's shoes from Herringshoes.co.uk. They sent me the shoes in the wrong size, asked me to send them back and said they would ship me the right size immediately and compensate me for shipping costs by including their wooden shoe tree. So, I...
Serves you right for hanging with academics online. Quote: Originally Posted by topbroker OMG! There's an anthropologist in the house! Or perhaps a cultural studies prof? In any case, a relativist for sure. One might reluctantly grant the general point, but I have always found that if one tries to hold to pure relativism (which I don't think that anyone can do -- your preferences always win with you), there is really nothing to discuss, and we might...
Is this idle curiosity? You can't actually feel that way living in Soho. Second, walk around Madison or Lexington on an average day and one sees jaw dropping attire on a constant basis. I really cannot imagine living in NY and having the fantasy that you alone care about style (or "fashion"). Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander Seriously every morning on the way to work this is all I see: Baggy suits, black sneakers with suits, Crocs,...