or Connect

Posts by bsyde82

i think ES is looked upon favorably in this forum as far as washed denim go....i think most will agree plus they pretty good cuts IMO for all types of styles (straight, bootcut, slim, skinny) i like straight simple denim, with the exception of a pair of nudies that i want to cop but brands u should check out: rag and bone (thru denimbar) - simple, good construction, good fit Kicking Mule, for your raw denim needs....i have the 1980, which is a real popular...
oh, i forgot sweaters.... i'd probably put them after shirts...i like wearing sweaters but i feel like they are so vulnerable to stretching and other forms of damage...which is why im hesitant to spend big money on em plus basic v-necks, crewnecks are very adequate, IMO, at j.crew
my personal hierarchy: 1. denim: just can never have enough...the prob is, im into washed denim (not necessarily distressed, but different shades, i.e. black, grey, lighter shades) as much as i am into raw denim...which kills my wallet cuz i only think a few pairs of raw are necessary at one time 2. shoes: has gained much more importance since i stopped wearing sneakers exclusively....now looking to cop a quality demi boot and brogue as well as a higher end dress...
Quote: Originally Posted by itskub bsyde, mind posting pics of those? http://www.shopjake.com/index.php?pa...roduct_ID=1922 Attachment 5347 Attachment 5348 http://www.stevenalan.com/shop/custo...18254&cat=1813
i also believe in altering cheaper shirts....as i do w/ my j.crew ones...although the j.crew ones are already pretty slim, at least the tailored fits...so i don't have to alter them that much... but some of the higher end labels just seem to design styles that the cheaper labels dont make i.e. BoO's corduroy shirt (although i did see a corduroy shirt at club monaco a while back) BoO's tux-front shirt in blue (i know j.crew used to make a white one) oak's...
just put in a pre-order for that oak buffalo check shirt that was on mensstyle.com fall preview guide didn't even knkow it was a band-collar until i was about to buy...but i think i like it even better now
just like denim back in the day, my price limit on shirts has been steadily creeping upwards.. but its still hard for me to justify spending 150+ on a button down, let alone 200+, which is what im ridiculously considering now was wondering how do you guys justify spending that much on shirts? for denim, i just figure u wear em so much more often, and they're so much more durable... also, which labels are worthy or receiving your 150-200+ hard earned dollars for...
what's the difference, if any, between a wingtip and a brogue
Quote: Originally Posted by soonami Imo the brogue in a dark brown would be the nicest with dark denim, but really only with slim denim (hemmed to little break). Dressier shoes do not work well with looser denim, I think because of the implied casualness and informality of anti-fitting pants. Similarly stacking and cuffs seem inappropriate with the formality of such constructed shoes i agree that, w/ dressier shoes, stacking would look out...
i'm tryin to decide between a bit loafer and a wingtip shoe as a "dress up yet casual" shoe to wear w/ some nice dark selvage denim just curious what ppl think is nicer? and if one goes better w/ the selvage cuff