or Connect

Posts by Kensington

Thanks for the tips guys, but those aren't as plain and don't have the same styling as the one I posted. The Shoes Like Pottery one is close but it has a thicker sole and cap toe.
Does anyone know of another sneaker that has this same basic design? I know nike blazer's are similar but they're too narrow and have more details than this one. This Superga model doesn't appear to be available in the US so I'm looking for an alternative.
This is what happens when you have starving children manufacture your clothes at breakneck speeds.On the very end of the suspenders (where the length adjustment clip is) you could undo the seams with a seam ripper, unravel it, flip the bottom piece and sew it back together. If you can't do it yourself a tailor could probably do it for you.Or you could cut it open and hold it together with safety pins, Edward Scissorhands style.
Haven't seen them in person but 11 oz seems too heavy to wear in the only months I would find wearing white pants appropriate.I'm planning on getting these when it gets warmer.http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=25061746
That's only considering braces worn as formalwear. Braces may not usually have been seen but I wouldn't say that's a "rule" like not wearing white after labor day. I don't think it would now or ever have been considered offensive for braces to be seen when one takes off their jacket, whether that be a blazer, less formal coat, or no coat at all. Pants and denim used to normally have buttons for braces and it was superseded by the eyelets we now have for belts.All the...
This reminds me of a time I was heckled when visiting some friends in a really laid back liberal arts college for wearing a tie. I think judging someone negatively for wearing a suit or tie to be more square than wearing a suit itself. A truly open-minded and freethinking person wouldn't put someone in a box for what they perceive to be the uniform of the dregs.Damn hippies.
I don't think you can generalize the taste of an entire sex. A lot of women probably find some douche wearing a black v-neck t-shirt and a fedora hot but that doesn't mean it doesn't look terrible.And I would venture to say how attractive a guy looks in a suit would depend more on the fit and pairings with the suit and not simply the color. A guy can look like a schlub wearing an ill fitting suit in any color.
Really nice RRL bag on ebay right now for a good price. I would buy it if I didn't have a Billykirk version. http://www.ebay.com/itm/RALPH-LAUREN-RRL-Jaspe-Wool-And-Leather-Boxcar-VINTAGE-duffle-frame-Bag-NEW-/201031874913?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Backpacks&hash=item2ece6ef961
RRL braces are definitely on the thin side. Both of mine measure 1" width. Often times they're 1.5" and 2". It doesn't sound like much of a difference but 2" can look like wearing a seatbelt.What do you mean they're not meant to be seen? They're just the predecessor to belts. I wear mine all the time whether I'm dressed casually or wearing a tie and blazer. How do you usually wear them?
Ha! I like to think that my ties are tasteful even though they're on the skinny side. I've seen even skinnier ones sold at trendy/fast fashion types of stores that look ridiculous. Even J Crew went overboard with the skinny lapels and ties at some point.And yeah I know the fit overall is very good. I own one RRL madras blazer but I don't own a full suit yet. I was tempted to get a charcoal three piece during the last winter sale that looked amazing.I wonder why RRL braces...