or Connect

Posts by Kensington

You can make any shirt fit different ways by wearing different sizes. I think most would consider GBV a slimmer fit than your average shirt.I think anyone unfamiliar with the brand should know it slims in the midsection compared to other shirts with a seem going straight down. That's the taper I was referring to. A taper is a taper regardless if there is flare on the bottom.
The online pics can really differ from the actual product, for better or for worse. It's best to see it in person.I once ordered a sweater that was pictured with leather knot style buttons and it came with horn or wood buttons.
GBV is very slim and tapered, and even slimmer in F/W. Standard Gitmans are huge.
Some nice pics of F/W 2014 shirts and the alternate color-way of the faux patchwork shirt. http://gitmanvintage.tumblr.com/
I would assume there is some crossover with fabrics, probably more-so with oxfords and basics than the loud prints. The fit is way different though.
Heh. Crap buttons on shirts is one of my biggest pet peeves! The shirt I posted above came with lame plastic buttons and I replaced them with metal buttons that I painted with enamel paint. I like how the paint is slowly chipping away.
Hi, selling these frames because I bought a new pair. These are very similar in style/shape to the current "Sir O'Malley" frames. Excellent/minty condition. Originally paid over $500 for this set when it came out. The flip clip is Oliver Peoples and not a third party clip. Made in Japan. These have a light prescription so you will likely have to replace the lenses to your strength. Price shipped CONUS. Thanks for looking!
Thanks for the great info folks. Probably won't replace my RRL since I like it and there's not much difference. Maybe I'll get a short sleeve version.
Does anyone know how RRL chambray shirts generally compare with J Crew chambray shirts? It seems like they are seasonal staples from both companies. I own an RRL shirt that is nice but it missing the tab collar and I'm not crazy about the shade of the fabric. I'm thinking about replacing it with the following J Crew...
Price drop!