or Connect

Posts by capua

@mortgagebank - I saw that Cantarelli on YOOX earlier. My only hesitation is that the colour is listed as light grey. I have had bad experiences in the past ordering from YOOX and receiving something with a different colour than shown in the photos. @kaiser - that is a steal. I think I will hold out for a little while longer in the hope that something better comes along. How often does the 75% off sale occur? I notice it is on right now.
This ulster coat by Canali is also great. One size too small unfortunately.
Damn that is nice. Although a bit too much colour for me also. I am still checking ebay on the daily for a blue label DB camel coat. There is a gorgeous coat from Sartoria Partenopea available - I am not sure why I haven't bought it.
Okay. I think you just solved my problem. Hopefully I don't have to wait long for one to appear. There seem to be a lot of single breasted coats at a good price but last time I checked none were double breasted. Apparently the polo blue label camel coats are of better quality than those sold by Brooks Brothers.
Was the polo coat that you purchased on ebay double breasted? I have seen some great deals but never on a double breasted polo/camel coat. Also, sorry for completely hijacking this thread.
Not sure if bespoke is possible at that price point...it probably isn't. I have been eyeing that stile Latino jacket for months. Part of me wants to buy it and take it to a re weaver, but it just seems way too risky.
I have also thought about getting something bespoken. I still think that this beauty is the nicest coat I have seen - and might get something similar made.
Congrats on your coat from Billy Reid. I would probably buy one for myself, but the button stance seems just a bit too narrow for my taste. Like you, I am also worried about the arms being a bit too tight on my coat. I am currently am wearing a boglioli winter coat, which is a challenge to wear over a suit (I also use the fist through sleeve method). I might have to wait until the Eidos DB ulster coat goes on sale this summer at NMWA. Otherwise, I will probably wait...
I am in the same position and the two coats posted above are on my short list. Too bad there are no better pictures of the Howard Yount polo coat. My favourite polo coat at the moment is sold by Brooks Brothers, but it is too expensive at full price. You may want to check out Suit Supply. They have a pretty good selection of coats, although I can't comment on the quality.
Great deal