or Connect

Posts by blue collar

Gents, Here is a "bucket bag", requested by my better half, that I finished up recently. Made with Horween Essex leather (same tanning process as shell cordovan) . Lined, solid brass hardware. Entirely stitched by hand, no machines used for any part of it. First photo-First panel Chris
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, it's all sewn by hand (europen saddle stitch - think Hermes). No machines whatsoever.This bag was roughly 16 hours from first cut to final stitch.
Gents, So i guess this bag is pretty much complete. Handles are on, zipper installed as well as the lining. I still need to feed it with a bit of conditioner and brig up the luster with a horse hair brush. I may source some brass "feet" for the bottom of the bag before i begin to use it daily.. And the interior. Went with an ecru canvas lining as I plan to really use this bag. I also didn't want to use a synthetic fiber. Other linings or materials did not...
Thanks Benjaminba. I agree with you. The main reason this bag looks half decent is because of the beautiful leather.
Gents, Cross fost from the DIY thread Its far enoughh along to look like finished bag... Update on the duffel project. Beginning to look like a actual bag now. Ends sewn on with piping. Handles, lining, and zipper next.
Gents, Update on the duffel project. Beginning to look like a actual bag now. Ends sewn on with piping. Handles, lining, and zipper next. BC
Been a couple of years since my last addition. Happy to finally add the 990 to the family.
Gents, Watching netflix with the old lady this weekend and saw Alec Baldwin sportin' these babies .
Gents, long time no post. Horween Essex duffel in the making. 9tpi, 432 linen thread. Hand sewn. Sewing on the "ends" of the bag tonight, hopefully.
Hey Gents, its been a while. Busy summer a few from the phone my best DV whiskey and ravello dirty cigars