or Connect

Posts by blue collar

Hey Gents, its been a while. Busy summer a few from the phone my best DV whiskey and ravello dirty cigars
Thanks guys. The kickstarter is on the right side, hidden by the carbs in this pic. Small 4 amp battery under the seat.
Hey gents. I thought id post the finished product, for those who are interested.Its a lot of fun. Sub 300lbs. Toss it around really easily.
And a fine post at that!990, fantastic.
Cheers man! Thanks so much for the kind words. When i've got my straps dialed in, you'll be the first to know.
Your best bet is send them to b.nelson in NYC to have the hooks replaced with eyelets. You'd have to have your boots recrafted for Alden to even consider looking at them, I assume.
Thanks Saz
It actually started a few years back when i began restoring vintage motorcycles. I wanted to do everything myself, so when it came time to upholster a set for the bike I had to learn how to do it.I did not have access to a sewing machine that could sew leather, so I researched 'sewing leather by hand'. I found and watched/read endless hours of traditional european saddle making techniques (the way Hermes does it, for lack of better way of explaining it).Most...
I know this is an Alden shoe thread but I thought you guys might get a kick out of this. Over the last few years I have taken up leatherwork as a hobby. I do everything without the help of machines (all hand cut and hand sewn etc). I felt that I was getting to the point I where I wanted to invest in better quality leathers so I sprung for one of these... Full #8 Horween Shell Cordovan butt. This is the 2nd largest of the 5 available sizes that shell comes...
I love these too. However, i couldn't look past how the oils of the chamois leather are bleeding into the snuff suede.Edit: sorry this has already been discussed...