or Connect

Posts by blue collar

Gents, 990s, Petit Standards, Harris tweed
Thanks very much.
Thanks for the kind words,You are correct, LS SWBs from 2012.I do leatherwork in my spare time. Duffel bags, women's bags, wallets, belts etcThe tools on the wall are "saddle makers" tools for hand sewing leather (I don't use machines in any of my work). I only use the highest quality tools supplies and leather (Horween, Alran, Clayton, wickett and craig etc). Below is some recent work. Both bags are Horween Essex, as well as the watch strap.sorry to hijack the thread
Morning gents Gave a few pairs a brushing last night. Poor lighting in my dungeon of basement; all shoes are actually lighter than the appear.
Horween Essex watch band, Made it for a friend for Christmas Hand sewn, lined and padded with veg tan.
You'll want to use "natural veg tan" leather, saddle skirting, Latigo, or English Bridle if you are looking for very firm, stiff leather.This is the kind of leather used in traditional english document cases and briefcases (and obviously saddles)However, stiff leather is not suited for duffels, women's bags, pphone and tablet sleeves, etc.That being said, It all depends on what you want to make.
Thank you, Naka
Sorry for the delay, just say your comment now, thank you very much!
Thank you.You know where to find me
Thank you,The "fork/rake'chisel" things are called Pricking Irons. They set the spacing of each stitch, 9 stitches per inch in this case. They are struck with a mallet and leave an impression in the leather. You then pass a sharp awl through the impression creating the hole that the thread will pass through.As for skiving, it is done with the broad, flat blade (3rd tool to the right of the Pricking Irons).Chris