or Connect

Posts by cpress

Last message from me at least for today. The thing about the 2030 last is that it actually is pretty sleek. My 2030 service boots look more like a dress boot in shape than a work boot. But natural cxl is certainly not a dressy leather--far from it--and I like the contrast. The eyelet thing is not a deal breaker at all for me, and I even like them as pictured, but the 2030 last is, in my opinion, not at all what a conventional work boot last looks like--thought that is...
I couldn't find a picture of a truly plain derby (or blucher for that matter) with nat cxl and blind eyelets, but to get a sense of the leather itself with blind eyelets, this is what I found: http://leffot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/DSC_00038.jpg http://leffot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/DSC_00067.jpg
Might even consider brass eyelets, but would prefer 6 to 5.
I would like to vote for the 6 blind eyelets. In my mind, it actually makes the shoe just a tad bit more versatile in that you could wear it with something that comes closer to a business-casual look, particularly on a 2030 last.
April discount code? Just saw some shoes I"d like to get. Thanks.
I wonder if the price is off too, not just the description? I somehow thought these would be a little less expensive than the boots. The chukkas are less
I agree. I also REALLY like the blind eyelets.
I would like to see more pics of ebony essex if possible--at the Horween site they just post a description and the picture is of a different color. I know Brown CXL and like it. As for double leather sole vs. Dainite, I might prefer Dainite only because of the increased wearability and longer lasting sole (and love that it is low profile so still looks like a leather soled shoe) but probably wouldn't opt out of it were double leather.
I think I"m in--but is the thought of 2040 instead of 2030 because the 2040 toe might be slightly too pointy to be considered really a Derby? I like the idea of a slimmer last--wouldn't be in if it were on the 110, but haven't seen any 2040's in person to compare to the 2030 service boot I own.
What size shoe do you normally wear? I can tell you that I actually size down a full size from my Trubalance last (may even be slightly bigger than Barrie) and they fit great. I'm an 8 D in Trubalance, 7 in Viberg 2030. The issue is that the 2030 is a fairly narrow last, but also longer than some Barrie lasts. I chose my size after doing a tracing and sending it to Morgan at Viberg. I have other pairs of Vibergs in the 110 last--also size 7--which are wider but not...