or Connect

Posts by njeremy

I like rye. Can you give any more details about this? I don't see a MTM option on their website. How does it work?
Yes, that would work fine. You can also check ebay for higher quality used shoes in your size.
Thanks for your help, Ataturk. I'm going to order another shirt -- remove the darts, add side pleats, and do a few other tweaks (including raising the armholes). Hopefully it works out. Thanks again!
I asked for darts on my trial shirt because I have a small waist. Are darts even necessary? Can I request a pleated back and have them take in the excess waist material from the sides?
Quote: Originally Posted by Ataturk "Add back pleats, please." I hate to be dense, but you are responding to me, right? Would something like a center back pleat work? Many shirts have this, but my trial shirt does not. I just did some searching and found that side pleats are the preferred option, but I'm not sure I've ever had a shirt with these before. Is this something Modern Tailor is good at doing? I was ready to order a couple more...
On my trial shirt, there is excessive tightness in the shoulderblade area when I move my arms forward (when driving, for example). There isn't any excessive tightness when I pull my arms back (when rowing, for example, though I don't really do much rowing in dress shirts). Does anyone know what I could say to Modern Tailor to fix this?
Quote: Originally Posted by poissa Hi Emma, Is there a service to mail our own fabric to you for MTM service. If so, what is the charge? Thanks! I'm interested in this too.
I'm talking about formal coats. I've seen some with rayon, but some are polyester. Is it at all breathable? Is it easy to switch out the lining for something else? How much might a tailor charge to do this?
I keep coming across winter coats with polyester linings. Some of them are from quite respectable labels and are otherwise well-constructed. What should I think of these? Will they be breathable? The standard answer is "polyesters have come a long way since the 70's but still aren't as good as natural fibers." I don't own any polyester-lined clothes, so that doesn't really help me. So a few questions: 1) Does anyone have one of these coats? How well does it...
I'm looking for a casual coat to wear on cool weekends and evenings. It will typically be worn with denim, chinos, simple dress shirts, sweaters, etc -- nothing too formal. I want something that isn't too sporty. I'd also like something that I won't get sick of next season. I'm thinking a peacoat, but do you guys have any other suggestions?