or Connect

Posts by Butter

If you had posted this on street wear, then I'd say the first pair is pretty nice. For dressier occasions, this is absolutely bad news.
BMW, IBM and Prescott Bush (George Bush's grandfather) also had Nazi ties.
New. Solid pattern or light glen plaid. Not too thick. Jacket Shoulders: 17.5" Length: 29" Sleeves: 24" Pants Waist: 32" Flat front.
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Classter no offense, but WTF is up with the blind leading the blind here? If your post count is less then 10, I'm not saying you're unqualified, but maybe you should just wait this one out and learn something from a few of the more senior members who've been around a few years. See first post.
Quote: Originally Posted by gaseousclay but, to the layman, a fused or canvas/half-canvas suit means absolutely nothing. I personally have nothing against HB suits and I feel all of this anti-HB nonsense is simply a case of the SF herd mentality. granted, I would never pay full retail price for one but I certainly don't think they make bad suits, especially when put alongside other OTR brands like CK, DKNY, Joseph Abboud or RL. if the OP has a Last Call,...
Chalk me up for another RLBL Anthony Wool Gabardine Suit in 38s Navy/Charcoal. We should form a team to keep each other posted. By the way, how tall are you guys who wear the 38r? I'm 5'8.5, 155 lbs and 38r seemed a little long.
If you can afford $300 shoes, I just picked up Santoni Fatte a Manos from shopthefinest.com, which also has a lot of Sutors. Even better if you live in LA because the owner lets you check the inventory out in the warehouse. Super cool guy and his business model is to sell everything he gets at 60% off.
Quote: Originally Posted by deadly7 Given that the OP said he only wants to wear this once every now and again, a fused suit would do more than satisfy his needs and requirements. If he can find one for a discounted/sale price somewhere, it's an amazing steal for what is, at the end of the day, still a good suit. While I agree with this sentiment, the OP did mention a budget of $500 is affordable which means he can afford non-fused suits on...
Tip 1: Don't get advice from sales associates. Tip 2: Get all your advice from using the search feature on this website. There's a plethora of knowledge of suit brands, quality and price points. Tip 3: Also do some searching on shoes. Lotsa great threads. Tip 4: Filtering threads by rating gets you some good reading material too. I use to be a Hugo Boss fan but I would recommend you steer away from it. If you don't know the difference between fused suits and...
I'd like to personally thank SF members here for help turn me away from buying a $300 pair of Hugo Boss shoes just in time and replacing them with Santoni Fatte a Manos from Ian. Here are my new staples: Brown Derbys Black Oxfords