or Connect

Posts by Butter

Quote: Originally Posted by Dressed2the9s Wonderful! I think I will either get Armani Collezioni (since they are canvassed BUT CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG) in order to use my gift card, then get Black Label suits from Ralph Lauren (since everyone feels confident they too are canvassed). Thanks for the input. Also, where could I get suits from high end fashion houses (Armani/Gucci/Versace) for discounts? Online, at certain outlets? Thanks If...
Absolutely. Coming from LA, there are lots of different sub-cultures out there and you can clearly see how well each person executes the same style. There are well dressed people in the hip hop fashion, hipster, metal, punk, goth, emo, etc. I think the common element is that the fit looks proportionate even though it may not be "fitted" and color is always coordinated.
The best way to deal with this guy: record his actions and put it on YouTube. This guy is a wingman from the Kamikaze squad.
Gents, What chair do you guys use for your office chair? I've been working from home for several years now and feel I am starting to develop some back pain. Was thinking about picking up a Hermann Miller but wanted to see if you guys had better recommendation for lumbar support. Spend at least 8 hours a day on it, might as well treat my back well.
Quote: Originally Posted by junior varsity well ferragamos/gucci/prada/santonis are about $450-700 a pair depending on how high the line is... if G&G is 600GBP/$1200USD then that's 100%+++ more than the ferragamos... so technically, it better be better... by at least 100%... also, for the money of 1 pair ultra high end G &G, one can get 2 pairs of very very very nice ferragamos or guccis. Actually, it would be more like 400% since all those...
Quote: Originally Posted by junior varsity i most likely wont be ever employed in an environment that requires a suit and tie everyday... so the suit is basically for job interviews and on demand situations like going to cocktail events or parties/clubs etc... should be versatile and stylish at the same time (is that a possibility?) No. Interview suits should not really be stylish. It should be conservative. Your cocktail suit is going...
I am no suit connoisseur but scouring the forums have yielded little support for D&G, Versace and other designers that movie stars gravitate towards. With your budget, should look at $1600-2000 level products and wait for them to go on sale.
Have you tried looking at Brooks Brothers outlets? I am sure you can find something in your budget and get it tailored for your body since I'm guessing you like the cuts CM and Express offer. Also, I'd echo the sentiment for black suits for interviews. Dark grey or navy tends to illicit more favorable opinions from the interviewer (or at least no negative opinions). To respectfully plagiarize what another member on this forum had mentioned on some other thread,...
If your budget is > $100 for shoes, you have better options available if you're willing to bargain hunt.
Yes. Anything that fits perfectly and is planned to be used frequently, I have no problems buying a backup for.