or Connect

Posts by Butter

Quote: Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley I do it for the economy. Sure I don't need more, but someone needs to keep those designers and artisans employed, or we'll lose them forever. My motives for buying new clobber are purely altruistic. It might sound like a joke to some but I actually feel the exact same way. All these other companies doing shortcuts are getting all the cash and it's hard to reward the folks that put the time and...
Quote: Originally Posted by bananananana I detect your cynicism but don't see anything unreasonable with my answer. Seriously, $1000 is probably ok. I'm assuming you mean at a department store with reasonable return policies and not an ebay or B&S purchase. I've been scouring this for months and I would agree $1000 is fair price. $800 would be a damn good deal. I wouldn't go more than $1200-1300 from a legit store like STP.
Quote: Originally Posted by Dressed2the9s What does that even mean? SF translation: It's like looking for a classy Sean Jean suit.
Buying rule for streetwear: If you can't afford it at MSRP, you can't afford it. No one wants to look like the guy who can't really afford his clothes and is always paranoid about getting it dirty (aka poser).
Thanks guys. The vendor did give a discount on it and was graceful enough to allow for a full refund if it doesn't work out.
Quote: Originally Posted by literasyme The fabric looks a little gaudy in the photos, shinier than I would like. That was one of my concerns. In addition to the 2.5 roll not being something that's common and conservative.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Vera-Sartori...item27b385eb88 I was considering purchasing this suit as a staple work and interview suit. However, my concern is that it might look at little TOO GQ for work. Any opinions are welcome.
I am jealous of whoever got that Connolly tie...
I would say the biggest difference between those 2 fields is the amount of travel. Consulting has a STAGGERING amount of travel. You practically live in the airports. Workload and pay wise, you can argue either way which is better.
Delete