or Connect

Posts by Butter

Quote: Originally Posted by PTWilliams Elitism is its own reward. SFer belong to a secret society, recognized by its members, invisible to the majority. We are understated, but in the know. They are overstated, and ignorant. Occasionally we wear our Ferrari jacket and Kiton jeans because we choose to, not because we know no better, and the only way they would know they are Kiton jeans is to unbutton our fly, should we grant them leave. Even then, how...
Douchebags have 2 distinct traits: - Overvalues self worth - Undervalues others worth Everything else is just a manifestation of these two.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncontrol Respecting people for what they buy connects their worth as a human being to their level of expendable income. If you are truly arguing this is a positive thing, you fucking suck. Nice try, kid but no. You are WAY off. You clearly don't understand even the tip of the iceberg of what I am trying to say. Tip for you: Stay in school so you can learn something else instead of ad hominem arguments.
Quote: Originally Posted by pfurey We shouldn't just pay MSRP to keep the maker in business. If they were any good at business, they'd make us feel like we'd have too. And honestly, very few brands do. Some of these guys aren't good at business, or else they'd be business men in Wall Street, not tailors or cutters or designers or seamstresses working in artisan shops in Naples or wherever. The fact is, a lot of people based their willingness...
Hong Kong has a lot of areas to shop for brand name items: Central - Landmark Causeway Bay - Times Square Tsim Sha Tsui - Harbor City Just be aware that you might be paying equal or more than what you would pay in the US. If you're looking for knock offs, make sure you ask for "A" quality fakes. They actually rank how good their counterfeit wares are.
Quote: Originally Posted by Butter You're preaching to a population of people who most likely don't understand the full business model, just the piece they interact with. Quote: Originally Posted by Uncontrol respecting people for what they buy is pretty retarded Point proven.
Quote: Originally Posted by sq4you this is true. my yellow prorsum jacket is 30+ to clean. my jil sander tee was 19. my lanvin and prorsum pants are like 22 or something. so yeah, i think maintaining fine clothing is expensive, just like maintaining a ferrari is. of course, people that buy a 1500 blazer (even if its on sale) and then go pay 5 bucks at some shitty dry cleaner to clean it is on par with a dude buying a porsche and having the oil changed at...
It would be awesome if there was a guy who was size 36r but has a 34 waist.
It seems like shoes to women are like boobs to guys. Generally, there's a minimal acceptable range that no one really pays too much attention to. But if they're nice, then obviously they get extra attention. If they're messed up, peace.
Quote: Originally Posted by KitAkira I'm a mad poser then, I don't think anything since my KMWs (March 12, 2008 ) has been purchased at retail, and much of it >40% off. Most people here don't pay retail for their clothes and that's hardly a fault, nor does that make them posers Let me be clear: buying discounted clothing is SMART, don't get me wrong. However, if you have to save money for an item of street wear clothing that is ON SALE, it...