or Connect

Posts by Butter

Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander You post asking about an ugly pair of $500 sandals then you get mad that people don't like them or take you seriously. This feels like deja vu...reminds me of a supposed "established" member.
Quote: Originally Posted by Made in California I go to Paul, also. I just got back from dropping off two shirts and it cost $40 per shirt to take in the sides and sleeves and $20 per to redo the cuffs. You added functional buttonholes? That's awesome, $200 is a lot though.. I'd have to really like the suit. It was the first suit I purchased since college (which was years ago) and my only suit so I figured I splurge a little. The functional...
Quote: Originally Posted by Made in California Maybe you'll find something awesome that you didn't expect. It's not like everything they have is on the website. And since it's the pre-private sale you can look around and try to guess who else there is an SFer. That is true. I was on a personal crusade to find my staple suit but if you're shopping for fun, there are definitely stuff in the store that would tempt you. I saw a leather...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan I can guess why the responses have been sarcastic. Hemes is brutally expensive and is grouped into one of the marquee (like Rolex, LV) brands that has enemies here. Their use of "H" as a logo also offends the anti-logo group on here. But still, the 'responses' here puzzle me. Hermes still generally has a excellent reputation here for quality, although harshly priced. Do you really think my question was so...
Quote: Originally Posted by toade Awesome suit. They have other near solids like that? I'm looking for something similar in a 40R. What did that end up coming out to after discount? I called in to check for sizes and I would highly suggest you do the same to save time.
Quote: Originally Posted by entrero Tom Ford wallets on B&S Get it at: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...light=tom+ford Game. Set. Match. [/thread]
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackBrumel A local tailor has just asked the equivalent to 286 USD to shorten a jacket's lenght, suppress its waist and a chest adjustment. That's an absurd amount. Go find someone else. Unless you're getting handmade buttonholes done as well, I can't see it breaking $200 that easily. I go to Wilshire Tailor in LA, and this guy works with Beverly Hills clients and I see Brionis, Kitons and RLPLs everywhere. He...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ianiceman Somebody clearly needs to do something about some of the shite on that thread. I know a lot of what we're into is subjective but some of the jizzing over complete rubbish that goes on there is embarrassing to those of us who live in the real world. To be fair, a majority of people in the real world can't afford a lot of stuff that's on WAYWN nor do they have a job that allows one to show up in plaid peak...
Finally found the elusive, staple grey suit.
There are no subways here in LA so I'll have to default at manly.