or Connect

Posts by Lighthouse

My thesis is very politically charged, so I'm going to take it to CE rather than derail this thread.
That's one part of it, yes.
Rambo, I have a lot to say on this topic, so I think it may be best to open a new thread in CE. Agree? or do you think its fair game here?
This movie was amazing. It went from one heartstopping moment to another. I loved it. Bane was a fantastic villian. Strong, smart, monstrous. As an added benefit, this is the most conservative movie to come out of Hollywood in a long time.
This summary must be from a 2 minute visit to Wiki.
What why is trying to say is that only those who work in a field where accomplishment can be measured by TRUE or FALSE, 1 or 0, are eligible for genius status. I propose that those scientists who step away from the lab and opine on other subjects, with the expectation that the public should consider it more than lay opinion of an average joe, should have their genius points reduced. Pauling, Oppenheimer, Einstein, for starters.
I think we've established that there are but three geniuses: Newton, Einstein, and Mozart. None of whom are American (asterisk Einstein). Here's a list of people who lived here who were really good at doing stuff: Einstein, Teller, Dirac, Pauling, Schreiffer, Bell, Edison, Disney, Gates, Jobs, Bernstein, Gershwin, Whitman, Frost, Hemingway, ok, this is tedious. Oh yeah and Tesla (see below)
I was worried about he and crazyquick. They are among the more emotionally mature posters, and can opine on all things sartorial. I'm glad to see the gunslinger back in Dodge.
Where everybody knows your name. The story of us.
So you did.Jimmy Edison also came up with the first prototype of the Coors punch top smooth pour beer can.