or Connect

Posts by Lighthouse

Please regale your OP with tales of not caring. I realize that this thread may soon be delegated to, and defiled in, DT. But I saw an interview with Arnold Schwarzegger last night, and he talked about how he never thought about business failures. Lose a million? Move on. This is a great skill in this fight/flight world. The ability to calmly "carry on" (to quote a current meme) seems like a superpower. And that's before we start talking about women. There is a cute,...
I recall that Hitler liked to pit these groups against each other, like the Night of Long Knives, where the brownshirts were set up and killed. This may work when trying to reach the top, Machiavelli style, but chaos among the ranks doesn't work in war. The 3rd Reich could probably be instructive in business courses and organizational courses, as a "how not to", but the subject is so charged . . .
Inglorious Bastards was on TV last night. It made me curious about how the German military interacted with the paramilitary branches, such as the SS. I don't see how a large industrial nation could operate functionally with two or three competing organizations. The Allies had military branches, but paramilitary organizations didn't play a role. If an SS major encounters an Army colonel, would the ranks hold? Or would the SS guy have the edge because of its more...
Not sure who was is the wrong here, but this is amazingly clever driving. http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/30/angry-merging-motorist-gets-clever-revenge/?ncid=txtlnkwbauto00000002
Tickets are very expensive and hard to get. Like $350.
The DNC made me think of Burning Man, which is going on in the desert. Anyone been? Thoughts?
Will google that. Its still scary.
Is there a way to cover scary looking avatars like BiggSkip's?
The voting thing is a problem. But the true issue with marriage is this idea of a "soul mate," which theorizes that there is a perfect person out there and that life is Merlot and poet-massages. Poisonous idea that screws up many girls.
Marry foreigners. American girls are raised to expect everything whenever they want it. "You can have it ALL!", "soul mates", etc.