or Connect

Posts by Lighthouse

As long as the populace is comprised of well-armed freemen, things generally turn out alright.
Not all Japanese people have naturally dark hair. Not all bears have four paws. Not all people who jump from the middle of the Golden Gate Bridge die.
I have no problem with what Hillary did. I think we can all agree that the rule of law in the United States has become a joke. We have no immigration system; we have Fast and Furious; the IRS targets political enemies; we have "sanctuary cities"; and we have a president who targets members of the media for prosecution. So let's at least be honest about it. Let's all appreciate Hillary's courageous pattern of continuous lying, grifting, extorting, and parsing.
To be a true multiculturalist, you must celebrate diversity with the implicit assumption that all races, creeds, colors, and religions are just WASPs who happen to look different.To assume otherwise is, of course, racist and xenophobic.
9 humor credits for this one.
Wrong threak. This isn't the Kennedys thread.
That imagery rings true. What happened to him? He went from talked-about judge to laughing stock in less than 20 years. Something bad happens when the dinner party invites start pouring in.
Just too many options here. I'll leave this one for Harold.
I really believe that the motivation of a gun control law is driven by a need to feel good about oneself.It is a symbolic act.Whether the law works is not important. This is why we see stupid proposals such as "no fly, no buy", or bans of guns based on plastic add-ons (the "assault weapons" ban for example).Hardcore gun control advocates are a bit different. This group is made up of survivors or family members, statists (true believers in the Hobbes world view), really...
I'm not going to look any of this up, because its the afternoon and hot outside, but my roll-out-of-bed recollection is: Original intent: What were the dudes thinking when they came up with the language. Look at extraneous sources for guidance. Strict construction: Read the words alone. Everything else: Make it up to fit your political beliefs.